Australia post delivery dates Christmas holiday period

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet - info is from AP website. 

Australia Post Holiday trading & delivery

Here's when we'll be open and delivering during the Christmas and New Year break:

Thursday 22 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering. Last day for posting Express Post items for guaranteed* next-day delivery.

Friday 23 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 24 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 26 December - Boxing Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 27 December - Boxing Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Wednesday 28 December - Australia Post authorised holiday: Post Offices open (selected only), no deliveries

Thursday 29 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Friday 30 December: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Saturday 31 December: Post Offices open, no deliveries

Sunday 1 January - New Year's Day: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Monday 2 January - New Year's Day public holiday: Post Offices closed, no deliveries

Tuesday 3 January: Post Offices open, we're delivering

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Stawks, report it to the Mods and ask for it to be deleted as it is board policy not to post incorrect information.

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

Done.   I asked for the whole thread to be deleted.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

So did I.

It is no longer current information and no-one would want to know year old information that cannot be used in any way.

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

here's information for AUSTRALIA POST delivery dates for the christmas period 2017 just in case people look at this thread before it is closed / deleted. 

full info can be found at: https://auspost.com.au/christmas#dates

CHRISTMASDELIVERYDATES2017.jpg

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

That's not accurate for all post offices. I just got back from the post office and the notice said they'd be closed on Friday 29th for their annual PO holiday, as well as Monday 1st.
Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

fair enough - obviously the post offices can set their own rules if they're owned privately i guess..

but i'm just stating the overall info which was provided on the australia post website. the majority, i dare say, will keep in line with those guidelines - but i guess if people really want to know, they can ask at their local post office or check it out for themselves :] 

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

The AP Picnic Day holiday is the 29th December this year and is an industry wide holiday.

If the PO is an LPO rather than an AP store then the owners are able to open if they want to but there will be no postal deliveries at all.

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

handy to know thanks lyndal! :]

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

thanks for that. Nice & clear.

I nearly had a fit though when i read the first post as I didn't notice it was a 2016 post and it said Sunday 25th Dec. Smiley Surprised

I'm relying on Sunday to get things ready. So relieved to find Xmas is on Monday as I thought.Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

I don't know who posted this but if it was Australia Post they are not in Australia. In Australia in 2017 Christmas Day is Monday 25th December and this post still doesn't answer the question.... will they be delivering within Australia on Saturday 23rd December? Hmmm...?

old.moo.55

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply