BUYERS REPLACING THERE OWN ITEMS

Smiley MadHAS ANYONE HAD BUYERS CLAIM THE ITEM ARRIVED BROKEN, ONLY FOR THEM TO KEEP YOUR SENT ITEM AND FOR THEM TO SEND YOU BACK THERE BROKEN ONE....PAY PAL ALWAYS COMPENSATES THEM, SO YOU NOT ONLY LOSE YOUR ITEM YOU LOSE MONEY AND PAY FEES ON TOP....SO FRUSTRATING....BUYERS SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INSURANCE COSTS EVERY TIME THEY MAKE SUCH PURCHASES OF RISK ONLINE, I DONT SEE WHY US SELLERS HAVE TO FORK OUT THE BILL ALL THE TIME..CLAIMS OF BROKEN ITEMS IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE FREQUENT...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: BUYERS REPLACING THERE OWN ITEMS

1st off, please turn caps off. ๐Ÿ™‚ How do you know that the item was not yours? Did you ask the buyer to send photos of the damaged goods ?  Yes, this can be the case in some circumstances and unfortunately it's very hard to disprove. Was the item sent, not of great worth to warrant Insurance ? It also may have been that you didn't pack it well enough and it did get broken. All these things must be considered.  Has the buyers FB got a history of returning ?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes the item was returned to me and i knew it wasnt mine because of the stains inside the cup or should i say the broken cup....Like you said how do you prove it....Another time it was binoculars etc...Sorry for the caps...and thank you for your reply....I try take photos now of all angles when i have the time now to try to avoid this.My wrapping is out of this world...lol...

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal do not always accept buyers side.  I can vouch for that.

If sellers do not defend a claim with logic and present all evidence then they will of course stand a greater chance of losing a claim,

IMO always ask for photos before accepting return.  Then you can compare your own photos with the buyers.

If a switcheroo you can then fight a return more successfully, rather than after it has been returned.

Has the buyer been refunded yet?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I love the beehive light fitting you have for sale! You have a lot of other really nice stuff too. If I had more room in my house I could go crazy on your page!

Did you take photos from all angles of the cup in question, including the inside of it? If you did, that might be enough to prove that they didn't send the original one back. Of course it would mean reassembling it a bit so you can take a comparison photo, but it might be enough.

I would say that looking at the type of items you sell and also your feedback, you probably have a pretty good idea on packaging well. If you didn't pack well, you'd have a lot more negatives I'd reckon.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

awwhhhh thanks, glad you like my light shade...i love advertising on ebay, it s just gettin more and more and more time consuming to protect yourself from all directions, i think buyers are now very well aware of there advantages and many dishonests are jumping on the wagon, thus why so many sellers are leaving this site and i must admit not to many buyers left either.....fees are far far to expensive as well.....might have to change tactics....Smiley Sadits  such a pity because it is a fantastic site...Gumtree buyers i dont trust, ive had some ugly experiences with no protection to strangers your dealing with...i just hope that this forum doesnt fall on deaf ears and that ebay do take note and make some changes....I hear those new local buy sell sites are becoming very popular, but i hate having to learn new things.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

There are some really good facebook buy swap and sell sites for retro/vintage stuff. Most of them are 'local', but most have members from all over the place. Generally, if you're happy to post, the buyer is happy to pay for it. 99% of payments are made via bank deposit. One thing I've noticed too, you seem to get a higher price on those sites than what you do on eBay.

Spoiler
This one has quite a few members from all over the place.
Spoiler
This one is local to me in NSW, but I know there are members from interstate. Their rules are, vintage must be over 30yo, antique must be over 100yo. They also prefer you create an album if you are listing more than 2 items. I think you can bump your items once a day. That may have changed, I haven't been in there for awhile. Everyone is really friendly and loves their old stuff!

Those 2 should keep you busy for awhile! They have both grown a LOT since I visited them last. There are plenty of others around too. The facebook sites aren't hard to use. You click the add photo/video link up the top, select create album, add your photos from your hard drive, add a description, price and location, and whether you're willing to post, click the upload button and you're set! Then create a new message an introduce yourself. Easy peasy!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply