Basing my location in USA from Australia and selling to Australian consumers, is this possible?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Basing my location in USA from Australia and selling to Australian consumers, is this possible?

You need to give a bit more info please.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Hi, basically i would like to base myself (my ebay store) from my partners loaction in NYC but would like to sell to Australian consumers only. Im based in Australia, and will be storing my stock here too.  

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

why

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

why on earth do that? ebay US has different rules than Australia. Or are you trying to up your postage cost based on being "in the US" to your austalian customers?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

$1.50 listing fees vs. $0.05 listing fees would be a good reason to start listing on .com instead of .com.au, although I'm not sure if eBay would let you list items on the US website if you only posted to Australia from Australia.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

It would be very confusing for Australian buyers also.. listings on US site, items posted from within Australia.

If a seller is in China, but puts Sydney, Aust in the listing as their location, they are breaching policy.

What happens in a dispute? Buyer has to send item back to location in listing.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thats a good point.. didnt really think about that. However im pretty sure i can arrange to get  returns sent back to a warehouse in Melbourne? If the compay's "head office" is located in US would it still be regarded as location being in Aus? 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Well due to some ridiculous rules and policies .com.au i cant list my items which has put me in a pretty bad spot financailly.  However it's completely allowed on .com (US). So hoping to partner in with a relative from overseas. 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

ridiculous.... thats all i gotta say about your post.......

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply