Bay and Auspost price increase without any prior warning?

I just went to print my postage label off ebay to discover that there is a price increase for both the 500 gram satchel and 3kg satchel. Am I the only one who didn't receive the ebay message about this? Is this even legal not to notify the customer of an impending price increase?

It annoys me that after just purchasing 20 satchels, they decide to change the postage rates. What are people doing in response to this?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Everyone knows that Australia Post increases their prices twice a year....these increases were announced in the post offices and the newspapers weeks ago so even if you missed the ebay announcement the information was out there for everyone to see.

What do you expect people to do about an AP increase that happens every 6 months?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I'm not complaining about the price increase - but I have been selling on here for about 18months now and can't remember any other price increases through Ebay (on the flat priced satchels and boxes that is) in that time.  Is this just a mental block on my part or are the 6 monthly increases only passed on some of the time?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

There hasn't been parcel cost increases for way more than a year... I can't remember it's been that long. The last couple were significant and quite close together. But there's been stamp increases and international post increases in the meantime
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The announcement could be signficantly clearer.

Many sellers (particualrly newer sellers) may not have been aware which Australian Post base service prices for 500g under or over, the 10% discount even applies to. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

just noticed this aswell ...but.. the price uxually says in gren (i think green) that it includes ebay discount the discount part is gone now 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply