Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Beatle.

The Beatles were a band weren't they?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yes they were but if you have an insect brooch you would not say you have a 'Beatle' brooch, would you ??

I am often amazed at the poor spelling I see on ebay listings !

Its a shame because if the mistake is in the title of the listing, that could seriously reduce  the exposure of the item to prospective buyers (who presumably are better spellers than the seller !!).

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

when you say brooch do you mean broach?.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Well I am old enough to remember going to a Beatles concert in their early days of fame and I definitely had a Beatles broochSmiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

With one immigrant parent who is getting older and less 'with it'  but who still loves to use eBay It find it a bit rude to assume that everyone has a good grasp of English and who can't be forgiven for small mistakes.

There are many people here who try their best but don't have English as their first language, are new to computers and typing, have a disability like dyslexia, sometimes make a mistake while typing quickly, or who are just human so I feel that more people should be a bit more tolerant of mistakes and grammatical and spelling errors.

I realise that they might be losing viewers with mistakes but it is not the end of the world.

Latest reply

It is brooch,as broach is to suggest something for the first time.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Well I am old enough to remember going to a Beatles concert in their early days of fame and I definitely had a Beatles broochSmiley LOL

Festival (Festering) Hall 16th June 1964 Section 5 seat Q5 - Still got the ticket - framed.

Sad ain't it

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I stand corrected English is my fourth language and I can,t type. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Well I can understand you perfectly

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply