Being charged monthly seller fees, haven't sold anything recently.

88gustaf
Community Member

When I signed up to become a seller I read the agreement, and understood that I will have to pay a seller fee when listing certain items, and when something I have listed has sold.

The last item I sold was approximately 2 months ago (I have only sold 2 items in total), and I already received the bill for that at the end of January. I have not bought or sold anything since, yet I am being charged monthly seller fees of $12, why? My Paypal account has been charged 3 or 4 times now, and I have only ever sold two things.

If e-bay is charging recurring seller fees, regardless of account activity, then this is just about the most shady business practice I have come across. At the very least, they should state this in bold at the very beginning of the agreement.

Can someone please confirm this? If so, I will cancel the recurring fee on Paypal. Would this mean that I lose my right to sell on e-bay? If anybody can clarify, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Gustaf.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Being charged monthly seller fees, haven't sold anything recently.

Did you look to see when this thread was started  -  NEARLY 7 years ago.

The ways to ch4eck have been provided in the body of the thread

DEAD THREAD

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

You have a store. They would be charging you for that. You pay for the store regardless of whether you have any active listings or not. Close your store and you won't get charged anything.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

I dont even sell on EBay and have been charged $48.99, an automatic payment.  PayPal has responded to my instruction to not accept any more charges from EBay.  I coluld not believe at first that EBay has stooped to this level. 

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

I was charged in July 2020, confirmed by PayPal.
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

For that amount it would be eBay Plus. Which is a buyer, not a seller, fee.

eBay automatically deduct the annual subscription once any trial period has elapsed, and will do so again next July if you are still subscribed.

It pays to read the not-so-fine print when taking up offers from anybody, not just eBay.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

I have same issue of regular payments we had to fork out of 14 several times, i think its because its a 'business' account because when you downgrade to 'personal' account it should rectify it.. additionally i took any payment cards/bank accounts off paypal for time being
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Definately business and personal account difference
Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

You are having the same problem as the OP 7 years ago in 2013 and you have just discovered it ? You should check your bank account more often...
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply