Best & cheapest way to post CDs

A friend of mine is re-jigging her ebay account with a new name and picture so she can sell some of her vast collection of CDs.

I've never sent a CD as far as I can recall, and as I only ever use prepaid satchels for my items, I don't know what the options are for postage.

A small padded bag I should think, but is that safe / padded enough?

A CD specific box? Once you wrap the CD in bubble wrap though, it wouldn't fit in the box I'd think. Or do you not need bubble wrap in that case?

Either way, you'd be paying for the bag or box, plus postage? And can you then get tracking as well? Is that another payment?

After all this, would it in fact be cheaper to just use a 500g satchel and fill the huge gap with bubble wrap? lol
Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Best & cheapest way to post CDs

This seller in canberra has a full time job but also goes great guns selling cd's from his two id's

He even sold an ACDC tape for $2500

You have to have the right titles.

He said one of the guys from midnight oil even buys cd's from him

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

after looking at how the seller i mentioned and how well he does with cd's i almost considered coming back here to sell the thousands of cd's i have but quickly realised how much of a hassle it is here with fees, DSR's scams etc Other places go very very well with no fees and hassles like managed payments

Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

How does one search the ID number you provided to find the seller?

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

Copy and paste, or type the number into the search box

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

LMAO can't give away CD's on ebay? You would have to be kidding we are selling more than ever!

Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

Rare CDs will still sell well. But your run-of- the- mill CD that you can find in your local Op Shop for $2.00 will not sell on eBay for $10 - $15 plus postage.

The increase in bulk CDs being listed  on eBay is an indication that  that selling individual CDs  is hardly worth the effort, unless the CD has some rarity.

You see so many CDs listed for $15 - $20 plus postage and other sellers have the same CD for $5, and eBay sellers are wondering why  they can't sell their higher priced CD!

Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

I'm sure you are!

Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

Some  eBay sellers are like gamblers, very keen to tell you about their lastest big sale or win, but reluctant to talk about their lack of sales or losses. (I admit that there are times when I would include myself in this category!) 

Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

I've noticed this too! They say they've had 10 sales this week, but each one was $5 and free postage, soooo...less the ebay final fee, the cost of postage, cost of the actual CD and the cost of either having an ebay store or the item listing fee, they're consistently losing money.
Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

The thing with this seller is they have never said to me "oh i am doing really well" it's just when i see their sold items i can see they are going great guns with cd's that i may consider less than desirable - he did mention that relatively "famous" people are buying cd's off him like the midnight oil person but also other australian artists that I can't remember (to be honest i hate turkeys like midnight oil and the names he mentioned are of commercial type music which i hate).

Yes some sellers are like gamblers but this one does not crow to people about their success-

here are some item numbers from both his id's-

when i look at his items and sales it makes you realise that there is still a good market for cd's.

Message 20 of 46
Latest reply