Best auction ending days and times?

Hi all,

Just wondering what others experiences are as to the best day and times to have auctions ending? I very rarely use auction formats, but have some items that I want to quickly turnover and am thinking about listing them as auctions.

I know much depends on the category and target group. but generally speaking what have other sellers experienced? I knwo Friday and Saturday is probably not the best, I have assumed that Sunday evening is the best slot, but is that just a myth and have others found other days more successful?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Best auction ending days and times?

I try to have some finishing every night. I don't generally have them finish before about 7pm. Gives a lot of people a chance to have dinner out of the way. Last one finishes around 10.30pm at the latest. I do have them finishing Friday night and a lot of the time, it's my best night for sales and new bids. Weekends I tend to have them finishing from lunch time onwards as more people are looking during the day than weekdays.

At the moment I have them all finishing every night as I'm currently running 1 day auctions to make the most of the current unlimited promotion that some of us got. Most of the time my auctions sell with only one bid, so I'm not worried about longer auctions to hope for a bidding war.

Just make sure you start your auctions at the lowest amount you're willing to accept.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

My experience shows me to include at least one weekend possibly two if you list for 10 days.

Never list on a friday as eBay does maintenance and things go topsy turvy.

Other than that, make sure you start at a price you are happy to sell at in case you only get one bid.

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I try to have some finishing every night. I don't generally have them finish before about 7pm. Gives a lot of people a chance to have dinner out of the way. Last one finishes around 10.30pm at the latest. I do have them finishing Friday night and a lot of the time, it's my best night for sales and new bids. Weekends I tend to have them finishing from lunch time onwards as more people are looking during the day than weekdays.

At the moment I have them all finishing every night as I'm currently running 1 day auctions to make the most of the current unlimited promotion that some of us got. Most of the time my auctions sell with only one bid, so I'm not worried about longer auctions to hope for a bidding war.

Just make sure you start your auctions at the lowest amount you're willing to accept.

Yes, got stung on one of the few auctions I have listed in and ended up losing on it, learned my lesson on that one quick smart Smiley LOL

I would probably have similar experiences to you in that I don't expect any bidding wars, just one or two interested so will start at a fair price.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

My experience shows me to include at least one weekend possibly two if you list for 10 days.

Never list on a friday as eBay does maintenance and things go topsy turvy.

Other than that, make sure you start at a price you are happy to sell at in case you only get one bid.

Yes, I think having a listing that takes in a weekend is a good idea. Have a couple of auctions listed starting on a Sudnay and will finish this Sunday evening. Thanks for your input!

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I usually list on Thursdays 8pm for 10 days - which covers 2 weekends, and ends on Sundays at 8pm (latest I'll list is 9:45pm).

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@stephystarfish wrote:

I usually list on Thursdays 8pm for 10 days - which covers 2 weekends, and ends on Sundays at 8pm (latest I'll list is 9:45pm).

That's a good idea. I may make a few 10 days and a few 7 days and see if there is any benefit to either, thanks for the suggestion!!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

This may be slightly of topic. My listings are 99% BIN and have been watching the progress for the past 3 or 4 months. Friday night around 8.30pm my sales drop off big time and on Monday about 1.00pm they pick up again. This has been very common on 2 out of 3 ID's. On the 3rd ID I might sell 1 maybe 2 items over the weekend. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work to improve the other 2 ID's. Is this another lights out. Would be interested in knowing if other sellers are having similar Problems with BIN on Weekends?

Cheere

Paddy

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

100% of my items are BIN. Friday and Saturday sales should be lower, given posting won't happen until Monday, but Friday, Saturday and Sunday generally account for 43% of my sales.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

No worries, OP. Smiley Happy

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had a BIN on the weekend. They're usually in the morning or afternoon on a weekday.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply