Big Wigs Join Ebay ready to squash small Australian owned businesses

So I have noticed a huge migration from all the big companies onto eBay..  A small list I have found thus far

Target

MrToys

Billy Guyatts

Kidstuff

catchoftheday

onlineonly

Dealsdirect

Dicksmith

jbhifi

Kogan

The Good Guys

Ebay dosn't support those who have supported them since opening...all these noobs get latest ebay features, not offered to long term members..

Shame Ebay Shame !!

I dont have a problem with competition, but ebay not giving long term members the same options, just before christmas is a slap in the face...

How do you sleep at night ?  on a bed of paypal stickers ??

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Big Wigs Join Ebay ready to squash small Australian owned businesses

I sincerely hope you left appropriate feedback 🙂 

Hopefully, this is how we will cope with it - they will show themselves up very quickly, and begone!

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

I'm still on the fence about F/B Treasuress! It's obvious that the item when marked as posted on a Saturday, was just them printing out the consignment note. If items were genuinely posted on a Sat, they would have arrived across town on the following Monday, not Friday. 

I'm loath to trash their stars for postcost, but really there was no packaging involved & if I lived interstate & far rural the cost would assumedly have been the same, which makes it good value for non Victorians. It just makes me wince to think that I'm subsidising someone else's postage costs - especially when they list flat rate postage $9.95, no matter how much you buy, except for certain items. (There was no clear quantification of which items on the listing, or others I looked at, & no reply to my question of flat rate $9.95 postage - which puts COTD's  communications into question)

How would others here handle the F/B issue? I do feel a bit ripped off over the postage cost. but all things considered the price & item were good.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

It would just be nice to see Ebay support those who have supported them since 2000. and im kinda over speaking with India about my ebay issues and never having them resolved... 

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Well you would think it is about time, since most overseas big companies have been doing this for years. Anyway big business doesn't scare me as long as I am in the results of the search as well. However Ebay sent out a survey asking me how I feel about being segregated into a high quality listing instead of being included in the bulk listings. I have no issues putting my best foot out there with big business however I do have an issue with being segregated from them, just because I am a small seller.

I also don't like the questions of how would I feel if I had no control over my reserve price, or being graded on my photos by ebay. However the question about Ebay providing only a $5 fee on postage for anything under 20 pounds did get my attention and left me wondering was this survey for Aussies or Americans? For those that are interested I have posted the link below hope it works.

https://survey.ebay.com/survey/selfserve/9e5/eby14022s4?source=bC8zI6R7Wc

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

Pfffttt.

The big stores can advertise all they like....but I'm not buying from them on eBay.

eBay is best for buying all the really interesting stuff the big stores DON'T sell.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

re: the big stores

I will continue to just walk down the street to buy the same items at the same prices from those same stores. I won't be buying from them online here
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply