Blazingly Fast Aust Post Delivery

There are so many posts about slow or missing Australia Post items I thought I would post this in contrast.

We sent a large letter item to a buyer in Brookdale, WA. SE burbs of Perth near Armadale.

We put on a priority sticker as the buyer was concerned about how long it would take.

I dropped the envelope into our local red street box at about 4:30pm on Tue 19th July.

The buyer sent me a message on Thu 21st July around mid-day to say the item had arrived already.

That had to be under 36-hours from the time I dropped it into the red box.

I'm sure this would be quicker than Express to the same address as that postcode is outside the express network.

I was amazed.

If they can do this once I wonder why it typically takes more than a week to Perth.

*** EDIT ***

By the way we are in Caboolture to the north of Brisbane.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Blazingly Fast Aust Post Delivery

ok, now where exactly is this 'red street box'?

are you sure it wasnt a 'blue police box'?

i'm thinking time machine with a doctor and companion now delivering mail.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

That was my EXACT thought too

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I sent books from regional NSW to Queensland not so long ago. Put in at the PO lunchtime on the Wednesday. Glowing feedback given on the Friday lunchtime on the same week.

We must be sharing the same time traveller!!

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

LOL @ David...

If it was that particular doctor and his time machine "WHO" was doing the delivery then I would have expected it to have arrived 36-hours before we even knew we had the order.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

But...but...but

You're The Master  Smiley SurprisedMan Surprised

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I wish!!
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

But...but...but

You're The Master  Smiley SurprisedMan Surprised

the master is a missy now, ooh eeer!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

@LOL @ David...

If it was that particular doctor and his time machine "WHO" was doing the delivery then I would have expected it to have arrived 36-hours before we even knew we had the order.

I had one of those type of deliveries once when I first started selling,(my first sale).

The buyer went to the bank and paid for it 3 days after they bought it and then went to get their mail from their

PO box,(the book was there waiting for them as I had sent it the same day it finished before they paid for it),blush-1.gif

Their feedback said it all,good.gif

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Even Aust Post get it right sometimes

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply