Blocked a buyer; they created a new account and bought item

I blocked an international buyer two days ago, as her initial question was about a SNAD return on an $8 notebook.

Now she's created a new ID and purchased the item. I do not want to complete the transaction. Last time this happened, eBay told me I should. What's the point of a blocked list if they're allowed to make a new account and buy the item anyway?

I found this on the US site:

"You can't use another account to buy or bid on an item if you're on a seller's blocked bidder or buyer list."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unwelcome-buying.html

But naturally, our own site's policy fails to mention anything about this:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/unwelcome-buying.html

Does anyone have any experience with this? She's already sent payment via Paypal . . . if I simply refund her payment, I'll receive a defect.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Blocked a buyer; they created a new account and bought item

Well . . . she hasn't replied to my message or left any feedback. Then again, she created the account just to buy my item as her other account is blocked, so she'll probably only log back into it once she starts wondering where her item is. Smiley LOL

As I said, I refunded her payment .  .  . anyone know if she can she still file for Item Not Received? It seems ridiculous that she could, seeing as I refunded her payment, but nothing would surprise me given that eBay has just allowed a blocked buyer to buy one of my items.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

If you refunded via Paypal, there's no way she can claim INR.
Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Hmmmm, the typical ebay FOB OFF email!!! 

I've had them.....lets see.....most times I've contacted them. They are happy to take your money, but when you actually have an issue, there's no real help to be found. 'Let's sweep it under the carpet by giving them some **bleep** and hope they are too stupid to take it any further' attitude. 

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply