Buyer asking for No tracking on overseas item

I have a buyer in Holland asking me to send parcel with No Tracking.She says she wont ask for refund if the item doesn't get there.It will save her about $15 if I sent with No tracking.She seems ok but not sure what she would do if item does not get to her.The item costs $50 and postage without Tracking is $30 or nearly $50 with tracking.It's nearly $100 I would loose if it doesn't get there and she did claim a refund.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Nope, don't do it.  She may be genuine but you can't make her stick with what she promises either.  Be nice and try to sell her the benefits of tracking... protection for both parties etc etc and she may come round.   Another buyer will come along if she doesn't.....

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I would not do it. Too risky.

Even if you do have tracking tho if it does truly get lost and the tracking never shows as delivered you will still lose any ebay claim she may make. But a PayPal claim should be OK so long as you have a lodgement scan event on the tracking.

Just make sure that you lodge it over the counter and get that lodgement scan event recorded to prove you posted it.

Also make sure that the tracking number can be linked to the buyer's address. ie use an ebay label or a C&S label or similar.

If you are unable to use either of those, then when you are lodging it at your local PO make sure you take a photo showing everything on the front of the parcel as you lodge it. At least so it clearly shows the address and the tracking number. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply