Buyer claiming missing parts, but everything is there.

Hello,

I am looking for some advice please. I have a buyer that has opened a missing parts claim on an auction for a used item.

He is claiming the flash is missing off a DSLR camera I sold marked BODY ONLY. There were no photos of a flash, I did not say the flash was included. The flash is an extra which I never owned. He is claiming because the camera was originally sold by the manufacturer with the flash in a package it is part of the body and claims he wants his money back. I did everything in my ad to show every part that was included and took photos of everything.

I am not a business just a personal seller, selling my personal posessions. I have spent the money on household bills/food, My paypal account is now overdrawn.

Will eBay make me refund him even though there is no missing items and this is clearly a case of the buyer not reading the description properly or a change of mind?

Thank you

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Buyer claiming missing parts, but everything is there.

Thank you everyone for your advice & support.

eBay have decided that the flash was clearly not included in the listing and have declined the buyers request for a refund.

I guess there is hope 🙂

Thanks again

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Excellent result for you.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Well this is one for the books.....ebay got it right for a change.

Congratulations on being the exception to the general rule of ebay agreeing with the buyer.Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I nearly fell off my chair when I read your post. Then I had to read it again because I didn't believe what I was reading. There are so many posts on here from sellers in the same situation where it was closed in the buyers favour, regardless.

A massive congratulations! I still don't believe it! Just be prepared for them to open a PayPal dispute.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Along with the others I add my congratulations on this win.
I was certainly none to confident of this outcome.
Well done.
But as Tippy says be prepared to defend yourself again thru PayPal. But I believe they are usually easier to get along with. Especially when the buyer has already lost an eBay mbg claim.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
Along with the others I add my congratulations on this win.
I was certainly none to confident of this outcome.
Well done.
But as Tippy says be prepared to defend yourself again thru PayPal. But I believe they are usually easier to get along with. Especially when the buyer has already lost an eBay mbg claim.

Wrong. There was a thread on here not so long ago where the buyer lost the eBay dispute, so opened a PayPal dispute, and PayPal saw in their favour, despite it being shown the buyer had lost the eBay dispute. I wouldn't trust either of them any more.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

TBH IMO there were lots of anomalies in that particular posters story. 

My experience of paypal in dispute situations as a buyer and seller, is that claims or defences against claims that are supported by evidence are usually fairly straight forward with fair outcomes.

Good fair outcome for the OP !!!

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply