Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

Sent a few items by a Click and Send satchel on January 3 (just tracking, no signature). The Australia Post site says it was delivered on January 8 and 10:14am.

Buyer claims he has not received it. I replied to him and mentioned the tracking number so he can check and he will see it was delivered. All my click & Send satchels also mention if not home to leave a card so they can collect it at their Post office

Where do I stand with PayPal.Will they force me to refund the buyer when tracking says it is delivered?

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

I had this happen to me, but I was the seller. I sent a 3kg parcel that showed as delivered (before I used Click and Send), but the buyer was adamant that they never received it. It was up to me to contact Australia Post, so I did and told them, and they started an investigation to find out definitively where my parcel was.

In my case, their investigations did not show them that the item was delivered (so I think this means the parcel guy couldn't remember if he did deliver it or not?) so they offered me the postage price back. I stood my ground though, as I knew they had a $50 discressionary payment, (the item was only about $30) and they ended up reinbursing me the price of the item as well.

For $500, I think it is worth pursuing, and at least seeing if you (as the buyer) can get an investigation going (because it doesn't sound like your seller is going to be very helpful).

I would also open a PayPal dispute, and also ring them and tell them, that YES, it shows that it was delivered, but it was not delivered to my address. I had to do this once as a buyer and they paid me out of their funds, so the seller wasn't out of pocket because he did do the right thing and sent it. Tell them what Aus Post has said

Just ring themm and see, it's worth a go, isn't it?

As for Aus Post, IF they won't do anything, maybe see the postal ombudsman or a lawyer because when you pay postage, you pay for the item to be delivered from point A to Point B (your address), so they need to prove that they did, and I know for a FACT that the parcels under 500g here on the Coast, they mark them as delivered before they are, they mark them delivered in the morning before the mail leaves (postie delivers 500g parcels now, not a parcel van)

You might have to do Stat Decs etc and jump a heap of hoops, but for $500, it might be wiorth a shot, isn;'t it?

Best of luck with it,.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 51 of 52
Latest reply

Re: Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

I see, thanks almost missed your post as I started a new one for my problem instead of using someone elses.

I have already contacted paypal, however the employee that I spoke to wasnt even listening to a word I said (in one ear and out the other) I told him that the seller already have proof of postage and that they seemingly met all the requirements for paypal seller protection. The employee just constantly rambled on and on about how the seller has needs to provide the relevent information (when the information had already been provided by me originally and the seller afterwards...)

Message 52 of 52
Latest reply