Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

Sent a few items by a Click and Send satchel on January 3 (just tracking, no signature). The Australia Post site says it was delivered on January 8 and 10:14am.

Buyer claims he has not received it. I replied to him and mentioned the tracking number so he can check and he will see it was delivered. All my click & Send satchels also mention if not home to leave a card so they can collect it at their Post office

Where do I stand with PayPal.Will they force me to refund the buyer when tracking says it is delivered?

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyer claims not received, yet tracking says it was

It seems to be fairly usual for items to magically appear once the seller stands their ground.

Message 41 of 52
Latest reply

PJ

The nature of advocacy is that advocates usually target a specific client base, with my target group being small ecommerce sellers.  Of course you are free to start up your own which services the needs of buyers if you like.

However if you do, it may prove useful for you to learn to differentiate between a fact and an assumption.

For instance take  “Lyndal's seller obviously didn't care about having to refund as they did not defend the dispute”. 

How do you know what the sellers’ intentions were?  Were you privy to any of the correspondence and/or discussions between the seller and the PayPal, and if not, you really have no idea as to what the seller’s attitude or expectations were.

Now combine your  “if they couldn't be bothered to zap off a quick response with the tracking details with what Lyndal said at post 3 “The seller escalated the dispute but paypal tells me that unless she can provide proof of shipping to my address she is about to lose the dispute” .That is, it would appear it was the seller who escalated to a claim.  It would appear that the seller provided something in support of that claim.  It would arrear that the most likely information provided was the tracking information. And finally it would appear that PayPal decided that the information provided was inadequate because the information provided didn’t document the  item was sent to Lyndal’s address.   

As Such,  if the last assumption is correct then the decision is clearly disputable, because PayPal’s Policy doesn’t require proof it was sent to an address.  It requires proof it was sent to a suburb, and I say the tracking information which it appears the seller provided constitutes such proof.  Now it doesn’t matter if you agree that such it the case. It doesn’t matter because, if the decision is disputed, it won’t be you, or Lyndal, or PayPal or in fact I  who would decide the outcome.  Instead the outcome will be decided by an independent body who will apply they accepted civil standard as to what constitutes proof of postage, as distinct to what PayPal say they will accept as proof of postage.

Therefore on the assumption that the seller may not be happy with the outcome, (note the use of the words “assumption’ and “may”), had I been provided with information I requested, I would have contacted the seller , advised them of free advocacy service I  provide, and if they indicated they wanted to use that service, I  would ask them to provide me with the facts as they perceive them, after which, I would provide my recommendations, and then leave it to the seller to decide how they wish to proceed.

Message 42 of 52
Latest reply

It seems to be fairly usual for items to magically appear once the seller stands their ground.

So cynical!  The buyer could have not said anything and go away.

There are days I get 1/2 dozen or more parcels, and it has happened that as I was unpacking them and throwing the empty padded envelops into waste paper basket next to the desk, I have accidentally dropped down there one with the item still in it.  Fortunately, found it when emptying the bin few days later, and before I raised the alarm with the seller.

Anyway, I am glad it got sorted out 🙂

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 43 of 52
Latest reply

Therefore on the assumption that the seller may not be happy with the outcome, (note the use of the words “assumption’ and “may”), had I been provided with information I requested, I would have contacted the seller , advised them of free advocacy service I  provide, and if they indicated they wanted to use that service, I  would ask them to provide me with the facts as they perceive them, after which, I would provide my recommendations, and then leave it to the seller to decide how they wish to proceed.

TB, I enjoy reading your posts.

However, why oh why should Lyndal even consider providing you with information that would lead you to the seller so that you can help the seller in a dispute that involves her?

That, I cannot understand.  It is not Lyndal's job to help the seller make their case in a disputed transaction, and possibly harm her case in the process.

oops . . . . . just found the answer to my question while re-reading the posts in this thread

Because, I’m bored . . .

You will win the case with paypal and Aust Post .

I was buyer once with an item that was sent click and send I had an email to say it had been delivered but it had not at least not to my address the postman had put it in a house a klm away and I did not get for over a month.

With click and send it is a case of buyer beware .

Would be ok if Aust Post got there act together and delivered the right mail to the right house number ..

It made me feel I was a thief as did paypal it was the only item I had brought and had to put a claim in for non delivery.

Postmen do make mistakes I am forever crossing the road to give mail to the right owner .  

Message 46 of 52
Latest reply

lovemyford10 there is no way you should have felt like a thief and this is exactly the type of situation where both the buyer and seller should end up not losing out.

Paypal quite rightly found in the seller's favour as they had the requisite proof that they had posted to your address. It was then up to you to phone Paypal and tell them that you had not received the item, that you would be happy to supply them with a Stat Dec saying so and that you expected a refund once you did so.

If they still refused then you tell them that unless you get your refund within 24 hours you will be reporting them to the ACCC.

You would probably have had your refund within the 24 hours but if not then it takes very little time to fill in the on-line complaint form and i am sure you would have your refund asap after you zapped it off.

Paypal will cover the payment, not the seller, that is part of what our fees are for.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 47 of 52
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Sorry this is my first time using the ebay forum so I do not know whether it would be best to start my own thread or post on this one.

I am the buyer for my problem, basically I purchased a ~$500 item (graphics card to be exact) and unfortunately my item was safe dropped as I had left my residence since the tracking didnt show out for delivery, however suddenly the next morning the tracking has 2 entries, one was out for delivery and the other delivered...

Unfortunately when I contacted the seller, they immediately attempted to cover their own back-side and started accusing me of being a scammer, swearing at me violently and lashed out at me. I have already reqested for Auspost to open an investigation, however they said there was not really anything they could or would do, as it wasnt their responsibility to cover loss since there was no SOD and/or insurance purchased by the sender.

Is there anything I can do? as paypal says that I cannot win this case since the seller has the tracking and some sort of supporting document.

I also have a thread on a different site, but unfortunately have not been able to get much information from it:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2252160&p=-1&#bottom

Message 48 of 52
Latest reply

Start your own. This one was done and dusted 15 months ago, and a lot of the information could very well be out of date.

But if the item was delivered to you according to AP then you are unlikely to get a resolution from Paypal or the seller. And the seller is quite within their rights to refuse to recompense. Especially if AP shows it as delivered. Maybe you could talk to your local postie as to where and when it was safe dropped.

Message 49 of 52
Latest reply

Thanks I will start my own thread, basically according to auspost, the driver left it at my fron door, since no one was avaliable to accept the item.

Message 50 of 52
Latest reply