Buyer file disputes, and now my item had not turn back to me

cuua_36
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I write here for some one can help me. I lost my item worth more than 1,000 AUD due to buyer filing disputes and did not send back my sold item to me. I sold my item since Oct 2023, then send it via Australian Post which arrived to buyer's address after some days. Then I thought everything is fine, I got my money. But, in december buyer filed disputes that DID NOT RECOGNIZED TRANSACTION, then ebay take action by charging money from my bank account.

I am very disapointed, for me not the money because I am not bussiness selling goods on ebay, just a camera lense I not using anymore. Then OK I think I do not care about money, but WHERE IS MY ITEM?

The problem is I did not receive my item back, after buyer filed disputes?

I tried to report buyer via ebay but HE DELETE HIS ACCOUNT after disputes.

I got all information about the transaction with Aus Post receipt here.  I tried to contact ebay but NO REPLY. 

I thought this is the big problem of ebay when scammer can exploit and steal other honest people.

PLEASE HELP ME TO RAISE THE ISSUE and protect GOOD SELLER via EBAY!

If ebay still keep silence I WILL REPORT EBAY TO ACCC of Australia to find the justice! Not about money but about FAIR TRADING!

Thank you everyone.

Andy

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you send tracked with signature required?

Seller – When should I purchase signature confirmation in order to be protected against an ‘item not received’ case or a payment dispute?

If the order has a total cost (including postage costs and any applicable taxes) of $750 or more, you're required to purchase signature confirmation to be protected if a buyer reports an item not received or opens a payment dispute.

– https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/signature-confirmation-policy?id=515...

If you did, contact eBay Live Chat and point out that you should have seller protection in this instance.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

This is a shame. 

When the Payment Dispute was opened all you had to do was go to "Help" on any eBay page.

Or read the message from eBay that showed you had seller protection.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293&st...

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

No point reporting ebay to ACCC or anyone else.  Charge backs are lodged with and decided by the buyers financial institution (bank).  Ebay simply passes on whatever evidence you wish to provide, to dispute the claim.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

etb321
Community Member

This 'transaction not recognized' is where the transaction appears on the buyers credit card but not in the ebay purchase history. Even if you had responded to the dispute with proof the buyer received the lens, it's likely the buyer's bank would have found in favour of their customer. so your chances of seeing the money or the lens again were slim from the outset. The only possibility of getting the money back was the ebay money back garantee which is forfeit if you don't respond to the dispute. If you are detemined to not let it slide see a solicitor.

I'm thinking this 'transaction not recognized' scam will grow exponentially until ebay are forced to plug the loophole.

Tom

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Sigh... the OP would have had seller protection if they had tracking showing delivery.

How could eBay plug the loophole?

How could any business prevent a bank from initiating a chargeback?

What has the MBG have to do with a chargeback?

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293&st...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Sigh... the OP would have had seller protection if they had tracking showing delivery.

What has the MBG have to do with a chargeback?

if the seller had sent the item with « signature on delivery » as is required when $750 or more, not just tracking, despite the chargeback eBay would have most likely paid the seller.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply