Buyer has item delivered, yet also refunded them money

Can someone help me please, I am lost.

I sold an item for $988 and added tracking details. The item was lost in transit by Aus Post. Because there was no activity on the delivery for 7 days eBay closed the dispute against me in favour of the buyer.

Since then, the buyer has had the item delivered. I am now out of pocket, have no item and the buyer isn't responding.

eBay telling me because the item was delivered after the decision was made they cannot reverse the decision.

Anybody found a way around this before? Seems very unfair.

Please help
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Buyer has item delivered, yet also refunded them money

Come me back to the boards and let us know how you go.eBays excuse is a total cop out. I’d definitely phone them, or us “have us a call you” and demand they return the payment back to you.  Regardless that the phone arrived after the dispute is not an acceptable reason.  “They” refunded the buyer so they should reimburse you.  

I would make good good mention of the Ombudsman on this, it might just make them see sense.  Make sure you keep a screenshot the full tracking details. I would also jump onto Aust Post’s Facebook page and pm them, explain the situation and ask if they can provide a detailed confirmation of delivery.

i did this with a buyer who did a chargeback, she fully admitted receiving the item but gave me some  bs about the chargeback.  Because 3 months had passed, I asked Aust Post to confirm delivery, and they obliged given ng all the details including the exact time of delivery.  I was covered luckily under Paypal protection and got my money back.  On the downside, the bank (Westpac) wasn’t interested in any of the proof, including copies of emails from the buyer confirming receiving the item and refused to accept any evidence, hence Paypal lost out on it.

thats the other option is to ring Paypal and see if you can get your money back that way, provide them with proof of delivery.

good luck, I hope you get your money back

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

imastawka, was it fleeting enough for me to have missed your visit? Or are you still here?

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif  Waves to everyone.

Had a few health issues.       

Will be lurking for a while   shhhhh-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Had a few health issues.       

Very apt.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

I hope you're on the mend now Stawks. I've just come down with my second dose of Man Flu within 4 weeks. Man Flu is WAY worse when a woman gets it, let me tell you! Those pesky men have no idea how good they've got it! I never get sick, so I'm a bit miffed that I've got it twice in a month. I worked tonight, but I'll be calling in sick tomorrow. 

You need to get one of those smart phone thingies, or the tablet thingies, so if you are laid up, you can still pop in and see us. I'm sure you missed us terribly!

Spoiler
We sure as heck missed you!

Now, get well soon, and get back to the forums.

Related image

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

For the late nights Tippy................

Spoiler
                                            67181107_2368917596760139_4072450117045583872_n.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Had a few health issues.       

AWWW.......don't spend to long lurking......we need you back to help keep the boards alive.Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

I sympathise to the nth degree.

Spoiler

This year has seen me have repeated viral infections (incl. atypical pertussis) on top of other health issues. I've never felt so repeatedly and incessantly unwell in my life!

If you've had two doses of 'flu, you must feel about as healthy as a zombie. You will probably need more days off than one in order to get over this.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

My first bout of man flu was 2 weeks ago. I started feeling unwell by the Thursday afternoon, but hoped I'd pick up by the weekend as I had to work. It is nigh on impossible to call in sick of a weekend. It felt like I was getting a head cold. Most of the time, I can feel it coming on, but then my insane immune system fights it off and it never eventuates. 

By Friday I was feeling ordinary, but went to work anyway. By the time I finished I still didn't have a full blown cold, but felt it going to my chest. Saturday morning I started antibiotics for the chest part and went off to work in the afternoon. I started to feel better as my shift went on, but I started to lose my voice. No sore throat, just lost voice. By Sunday I felt OK, but had zero voice. The cold never developed. I love my immune system! Within 2 days, my voice was back and life was back to normal.

Then I was getting the odd day where I was feeling ordinary, like something was trying to develop, but by the next day it was gone. Wednesday this week I got this awful cough. Wednesday night in bed, the coughing got so bad I nearly went to hospital as it felt like my throat was closing over. Like anaphylaxis, but without all the other systemic things that go with it. Breathing got really hard. My lungs were clear, but it felt like my voice box was trying to close over and spasm. Not a nice feeling at all.

I woke up yesterday morning feeling like garbage. Not that I got a lot of sleep. Against my better judgement, I went to work yesterday afternoon. After I'd been there for a bit, I was still feeling carpy, but not as bad as the morning. As the night progressed, I started to lose my voice. Probably from all the coughing. Another of my colleagues has been barking for 3 weeks, so we were in competition! I spent the night coughing my guts up every 5 minutes. I was on call last night, so hoped and prayed the phone didn't ring. It didn't. As soon as my call finished, I picked up the phone..........

"Hi, can you let them know I won't be in today". Whhhaaaat?? Sorry, can't understand you. "Sorry, I have no voice". "Sorry, can't understand you". Oh carp! Can.....you.....let.....them......know.....I.....won't......be.......in......today? Can I let them know what? <my name> is sick. Oh ok. Hopefully the message got through! I didn't get a phone call, so I'm guessing it did.

This is different to 2 weeks ago. I'm dog tired, but have no voice. I feel like garbage, but it's not a cold and it's not the flu (I've had the real flu twice in my life, and I have never wanted to die so much in that time!). Something is going on and I do feel like a zombie. I could easily go to bed, but I won't. I have no appetite, despite being hungry. Can't get into my doctor until Monday at the earliest. I'm hoping I'll be better by then. 

My immune system has let me down!

Related image

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

319607_172222766188665_737029218_n.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 30
Latest reply