Buyer is local.Picking up.Cant send buyer an invoice,Freight costs?

I sold my piano.I'm trying to send an invoice to the buyer whilst on the phone to buyer.The part where I need to fill out freight costs is a problem.Buyer is going to pick up piano from home.Invoice wont go ahead unless I add freight costs.There isnt any freight costs and they are paying by paypal for pick up.What do I do to send an invoice to complete this transaction?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have never bothered sending an invoice for a pick up item that is being paid for with cash but if you must send an invoice have you tried entering $00.00 or if that doesn't work $00.01

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I have never bothered sending an invoice for a pick up item that is being paid for with cash but if you must send an invoice have you tried entering $00.00 or if that doesn't work $00.01

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I am probably not the best person to answer, but as no-one else seems to be here, can you change freight to 0.00 then Preview invoice to check it's correct ?  Don't click Re-calculate. I'm sure that's how I have done it before, but I do usually list (on another ID) as Local Pick Up Only

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry phorum, slow typer
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Nice to know my cloak of invisibility is working and I don't need to open an item not as described dispute Woman LOL

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

No matter what value I add it still wont go ahead.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I only have ID.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

It makes no difference if you only have 1 ID.

Sorry, because you were on the phone I was trying to respond in a hurry so probably didn't explain very well - it's just I haven't had to add or alter freight costs very often, and when I list on the other ID, I list those items as Local Pick Up, which automatically shows as 0.00, so it is more like I have to add freight, (when a Buyer can't read or chooses not to and buys knowing full well they cannot pick up) and there have been a couple who have asked first, in which case I get a price, advise them and then add to invoice before they pay.

Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions because I've always been able to adjust the invoice - but there seem to be problems with the system today, maybe that's the real issue.

I haven't looked at how much the freight is, but am guessing it wouldn't be cheap for a piano - by the way, congratulations on selling it, so you would need to fix it before eBay take their FVF's.

My only other suggestion, which I have heard suggested on the boards previously,  is to Cancel the transaction and re-list with Local Pick Up - not ideal and hopefully someone - like phorum Smiley Happy will have some better advice

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It worked.Invoice sent.Paypal payment received.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I finally got it.I added $15.00 to the freight then sent then the invoice went ahead.The money is in paypal.I have since transferred that to my bank account.

Thank for offering to help here.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply