Buyer is local.Picking up.Cant send buyer an invoice,Freight costs?

I sold my piano.I'm trying to send an invoice to the buyer whilst on the phone to buyer.The part where I need to fill out freight costs is a problem.Buyer is going to pick up piano from home.Invoice wont go ahead unless I add freight costs.There isnt any freight costs and they are paying by paypal for pick up.What do I do to send an invoice to complete this transaction?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Lol, ok, glad it's all sorted.  Don't quite understand why you added $15 to the freight, but that's by the by

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

if you added freight to the invoice I sincerely hope your buyer is honest.

adding freight to what is actually a pick up item could lead to a dishonest buyer picking item up and then claiming non delivery, and as freight was quoted, he would win  a paypal claim/

goodluck ๐Ÿ˜ž

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Personally, I would never add freight to an invoice that was pick up only, and particularly for a high priced item.

As pointed out by others, you would lose a paypal claim if buyer opened a not received as you can not demonstrate that you freighted the goods.

By the sounds of it you have made arrangements for pick up by phone, not eBay messages.  

IMO to provide some proof of the arrangement,  I would refund the buyer $15 they paid for freight via original paypal payment - noting in the comments " refund for freight as being picked up by buyer on and put the date". 

I would message the buyer to confirm that invoice was incorrect and included freight which has been refunded, and seek their final confirmation of exact pick up time.

Whilst the above scenario maybe unlikely, better safe than sorry IMO

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply