Buyer selected pick up when they need postage!

A buyer in another state selected "pick up" when they need postage.

How do I send them an invoice for postage costs, when emails are now blocked through ebay to send them an invoice through paypal?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer selected pick up when they need postage!

Select the order, then select "print address labels or invoice", then select "All" from the list of options on the next page. This should open up a 2-page invoice document ready for printing - close the print window and scroll to the second page.

Some handy info will be there. 😉 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You should still be able to send a revised invoice in eBay which will reset checkout for the buyer.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Hi Kopen,

Thanks for your response, but I forgot to mention that they have already paid for the item, and I have have searched in the drop down box in "Manage orders", and there is no selection to amend the invoice once paid to include postage.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

If you select 'reply' to the Paypal notification, that will give the buyer's actual email address. Then send them an invoice through Paypal for the postage.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Then you are correct. Once paid another invoice cannot be sent.

Do as dave suggests to send a payment request in PayPal for postage.

image host
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks Dave, good tip to know, but unfortunately I didn't receive a paypal notification, all I received in my email from ebay saying item is sold and has been paid for.

I have searched high and low in my inbox, deleted, junk box and didn't receive any notification from paypal about payment. I'm not sure if ebay blocks paypal payments "notifications" through ebay or I need to change the way my paypal is set up. I get notification when I sell on other platforms, and when I purchase an item on ebay and send payment through paypal. 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

If you're on Managed Payments, I suspect there won't be a Paypal notification. Otherwise, the Paypal transaction should give you an email address.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Select the order, then select "print address labels or invoice", then select "All" from the list of options on the next page. This should open up a 2-page invoice document ready for printing - close the print window and scroll to the second page.

Some handy info will be there. 😉 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Let your buyer knows that postage wasn't paid. Thus you need to refund and buyer can repurchase.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Bad idea. Paypal fees, at a minimum, are non-refundable, so an instant hit to the bottom line.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply