Buyer threatening to report me for fraud

Hi,

I'm a recently new seller on ebay (two months now) and am having my first problem with a 'difficult' seller. I received a message from them this morning stating that if their item didn't arrive today then they would report me for fraud. Their item was sent on Thursday 29th April and they received an expected delivery date of Tuesday 4th May through Australia Post. The fact that it is ONE day behind the ESTIMATED delivery date is apparently the reasoning for my 'fraudulent' behaviour. However, right next to the estimated delivery date on the Aus Post tracking website it states that the item has been delayed. I've sent an inquiry to Aus Post about this but that'll take 24-48 hours to get a response from them. Further, if you look at the estimated delivery times on the Aus Post website it states that it generally takes 3 to 5 business days for an item to arrive from my state to theirs. I live regionally, so I imagine it would be the latter of that estimate. It has only been 3 business days (including today) since I posted (not 4 business days due to a public holiday on Monday 3rd May). I have sent the buyer a picture of the Aus Post receipt as further proof of me sending the item.

If anything I would have an easier time accepting a 'non-delivery' claim, but fraud? Is there anything I can do about this? I know that if they do submit the claim ebay will likely side with them without question (at least that is my interpretation after reading around). Is there any way I can formally complain about the buyer and their threat or am I screwed because it's one day past the estimated date, even though the postal service itself has recognised it as delayed?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Buyer threatening to report me for fraud

js2523
Community Member

Omg!!! Thank you for writing this. I have just experienced something almost identical after 5 weeks on eBay. 
now I’m the threat to eBay when the last purchaser in my mind, is reporting their item not delivered and me as a seller am scamming them!! 
it would be interesting to know if your buyer is the same as my last buyer

eBay had not only closed my new account, but my 7 year old account as well. 

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Then why is your ' blue wizard ' thingy still there.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Unlikely, when the person you are asking posted 18 months ago

eBay closed your account over one item not received dispute ?

You have an item listed on the account you are posting on now

And you are posting here

How is that possible if eBay closed both your accounts?

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Waiting. lol

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply