Buyer to inspect before bidding

I have previously posted a antique petrol Bowser which is around 60 years old,, unfortunately due to rules I cannot send mobile phone numbers or email addresses to prospective buyers to inspect as it requires extensive restoration works,, many people have requested to inspect the item but this cannot be done,, how can this be achieved, advertise this in the car section, but for cars can inspections be done before bidding,,, I seems that eBay want their commision in case the item gets taken removed
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Buyer to inspect before bidding

So the best option s to put a low bid in and request sellers contact details,
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Having just had my account suspended again for allegedly providing contact details (I didn't, EBay were jumping the gun again)

I offer my opinion again on this issue: if someone wants to inspect an item they should not have to bid on it first - this risks potential buyer disappointment and the risk of a Neutral or Negative if the item is not what they want.  You also potentially lose access to other buyers whilst waiting for the person to come and inspect. 

I believe the seller should start a separate listing for a $0.01 item (like an empty bag or whatever), get the buyer to purchase that, then details can be exchanged without breaching Ebay's policy.  The buyer can then come and inspect the item they really want to view.

A ridiculous state of affairs.

I have had at least half a dozen potential buyers this month sending me their contact details, unsolicited.  And I get blamed for trying to circumvent Ebay??

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

This is not a solution. It is a work around. Ebay still need to fix this.
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Of course it's not a solution.

That answer is over 2 years old.

Policies change in 2 months let alone 2 years.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/default/default/buying-local-pickup?id=4056&st=3&pos=1&query=Buying%20w...

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply