Buyer wants a refund after using item for 3 weeks

rickgrzyb
Community Member

A buyer brought a USB microphone off me and after using it for 3 weeks has broken the USB cable in the microphone and wants a refund, whats the deal? is he entitled to a refund?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Buyer wants a refund after using item for 3 weeks

rickgrzyb
Community Member

well ebay help said this

Regarding your concern. I have reviewed the details and I am glad to share that you are not required to take any action on the Return because the buyer in not eligible to return the item as they have been removed from our eMBG program.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@rickgrzyb wrote:

well ebay help said this

Regarding your concern. I have reviewed the details and I am glad to share that you are not required to take any action on the Return because the buyer in not eligible to return the item as they have been removed from our eMBG program.

That's good news.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Is the case is still open though and waiting a response? 

Is there an option in the return to close it on your side with a "No response required" or something like that?

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@rickgrzyb wrote:

the buyer in not eligible to return the item as they have been removed from our eMBG program.

That sounds like they have been abusing the system and lost eligibility entirely (which eBay say they will do for buyers that abuse the MBG). 

If that is the case, then it's a bit concerning they could open a case and the only way you found out they weren't eligible at all was by contacting CS - unless this was the case that triggered it, or they misspoke and just meant they weren't eligible this time. 🤔

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

rickgrzyb
Community Member

So the result was the customer was not eligible for the Ebay return policy, and then sent me more abuse from another item I am selling

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Put them on your blocked list and report them for abuse.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply