Buyer won't pay!

Hey all

A buyer has gone unresponsive and will not pay for an item. I tried to cancel the item to relist it but it would not allow me to on the Ebay App because too much time had elapsed. I have since managed to relist it on the website, but I have still been charged a seller fee which I would like to get refunded. To make matters worse, I went to leave feedback for the buyer and it gave them positive feedback because there was no other option given to me. I would also like their positive feedback taken off too.

Is there anyway for this to happen?

I can't find any contact numbers to call someone about it or email them. I tried submitting a report with an issue with a buyer but have heard nothing back and that was over a month ago. I tried using the automated chat system but that was no help either.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer won't pay!

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Firstly, leaving a false negative will get your knuckles rapped by ebay - big no-no

Why didn't you open an Unpaid Item dispute at the time, to get your fees back?

You are now on Managed Payments and ebay will do that for you in future.

But you've lost your fees for this one.

I see you have re-listed the item 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Buyer won't pay!

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I tried to submit an unpaid item request, but it would not allow me to do it. It was rhe first time that the item was not paid for, so I had no idea of the time restrictions imposed on that action. It won't let me cancel the original item because it says that too much time has passed and I need to complete the transaction, even though they won't pay.

I don't believe I have given them a false negative feedback. I think it would have been justified if it actually went through, but it gave them positive feedback with a negative comment. Go figure!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Buyer won't pay!

It IS indeed a false feedback, and you could have only selected the 'positive' option when leaving it 

You gave them a positive green tick with a neg comment

Luckily this time, eBay has not noticed and pinged you for it

Hopefully the buyer will not report it, in which case , ebay will leave the tick and delete the comment (and then may ping your account)

Buyers can only be given positive feedback, or no feedback at all, it has been that way for many years

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply