Buyer won't return item for FULL refund - Leaves NEG's

Buyer buys four items and says that one item was broken. He was repeatedly  offered a FULL refund by returning the one only item but he does not correspond nor return the item but instead, he leaves FOUR Neg's. What's the stance for the seller ?

Message 1 of 119
Latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Buyer won't return item for FULL refund - Leaves NEG's

If you only paid the amount owing, you MAY have to wait for a zero balance invoice. Just guessing, I've never closed an account.

Even then (and probably the more likely reason) you cannot close an account until 180 days after your last sale (for a seller, buyers only can close any time they like). This is allegedly to allow for any claims to be made by disgruntled buyers.

I can only assume this is an eBay.com thing, where the buyer protection is provided by eBay, as opposed to here where any buyer protection is provided by Paypal, and should be independent of the seller's eBay account status.

Message 111 of 119
Latest reply

diwrecktor
Community Member

Yep, you almost on the ball but I can't work it in that they can't work it. Will close by paying $54 so I do so and then they can't close because now apparently, they owe me $54. Same old story to me....they're left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

Message 112 of 119
Latest reply

diwrecktor
Community Member

Oh, and the other part of closing. When the account is clear, it's instantly closed but it remains "afloat" for 180 days so as to resolve any other issues if they may apply as you mentioned. Apparently this is so as applied when my son closed  domsa1412 6ish days back

Message 113 of 119
Latest reply

I couldn't help but look and have to ask: WHY are you closing your accounts?

In 12 months time your negs will no longer show in your feedback score.

You could use these accounts to make purchases so that if you receive feedback during the 12 months you will end up back with 100% feedback and a score of your existing feedback plus any others you receive.

Also, I might be wrong but I think if you close this ID someone else could eventually open one in the same name.  I would keep it open if for no other reason but to protect my ID from being misused.

Message 114 of 119
Latest reply

Also, I might be wrong but I think if you close this ID someone else could eventually open one in the same name.

My preferred ID has been NARU for years, but the ID still isn't available. Seems once used, never available.

Message 115 of 119
Latest reply

In my experience only the same person can use an ID again ( for example change it then change back to it ) but maybe not for a new account.

TCT
Message 116 of 119
Latest reply

In the help files under Changing your user ID it only says:

"Your old user ID can't be used by anyone else at eBay for 30 days."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/change-userid.html

A NARU file can be reactivated so it is effectively on hold. I have seen accounts that were NARU temporarily for not paying fees, but once they were paid they were activated again.

If you change your ID I believe anyone can use it after 30 days.

Message 117 of 119
Latest reply

I just checked and one of my IDs was changed after a couple of years.  Now the original ID  is registered in the US. I checked the spelling of my original and double checked to be sure.

Message 118 of 119
Latest reply

diwrecktor
Community Member

Hello to austeam.

No, only closing diwrecktor.... Domsa_mcp will remain operational

Message 119 of 119
Latest reply