Buyers having problems getting a combined invoice from sellers

Are other sellers having issues with combining invoices? I have had several buyers order several items and either have to pay individually for each item which included postage on each item or pay an exorbrant postage cost of combined items from an ebay generated invoice. The buyers seem to be paying before they get a combined invoice from myself.. Now I have been refunding the difference or adding extra stock but when the fees come in to included postage % this will be a nighmare.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyers having problems getting a combined invoice from sellers

I am very clear in all of my listings and have it written on a large header on every page of my store that I will combine postage and to wait for an invoice but I have had this same problem a lot lately and it is getting much more common.

People that use the app to buy are pushed straight to Paypal so end up paying individually for each item, Paypal gets a base fee of .30c per transaction so every time someone makes a seperate payment it costs you another .30c, I have this happen around 40 times a day. It adds up fast!

Maybe this is why they designed the app this way, ebay owns Paypal so when you pay the .30c fee for each item vs one payment of .30c for multiple combined items means more money for them. 

Buyers rarely read the actual listings so Ebay needs to offer the buyer some options such as, Do you want to.. "Continue Shopping", "Request Combined Invoice" or "Finalise Payment" so they know they dont need to pay immediatly and can combine their purchases.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Buyers having problems getting a combined invoice from sellers

This is why it'll be great when eBay finally get their act together and properly implement the 'shopping cart' system in eBay Australia.  Hopefully make our lives much easier as far as combined invoices are concerned!

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply