Buyers not paying.

Who is sick and tired of buyers not paying for their items and nothing being done about it.They waste the sellers time and effort and there are no consequences for this.These time wasters should be suspended from ebay.Ebay has everything stacked against the seller,you can't even leave a negative feedback against them.What can we do to make Ebay change this?.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Buyers not paying.

What can we do to make Ebay change this?.Absolutely nothing

Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I hear you and i'm with you, we have enough to do without chasing up non payers, i get few of them and i'm sick of it, 1 lousy strike is all they get.

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

After 4-days if they haven't paid we open a UID case against them. Normally send a gentle reminder on day-3.

After a further 4-days if they still haven'y paid we close the case.

They get an unpaid strike against their account.

We have our blocks in place to block buyers with 2 or more unpaid strikes in 12-months.

We just move on after that and don't lose any sleep trying to figure out why they do it.

Just use the systems already in place. Its all you can do really. 

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I have the Unpaid Item Disputes set to open and close automatically. Occasionally I'll message the buyer with a reminder.

I've had that many non-payers recently that I cannot be bothered dealing with it all and just let it happen automatically. It's frustrating as I need to keep track of what needs to be re-listed. Other than that I try not to worry about it.

I find that 80% of the non-payers are new eBay members with no feedback, and just assume they don't know what they're doing.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

Agree.

We also get about 80% are new buyers with less than 5 score.

Of the other 20% a very large number have scores in the hundreds and ought to know better.

Just thought I'd add....

For newly registered users there needs to be some form of compulsory quick 'n' dirty on-line education program that tries to teach new buyers how to use the site. And about its features etc.

You have to read thru it to complete your registration process. You have to tag each page not just skip thru the whole thing.

And perhaps if you get unpaid item strikes then next time you log in you have to go thru it again in order to continue buying.

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I think that's a brilliant idea. I hope you've passed that on to eBay. If they implemented something like that it'd probably mean a lot less headaches for sellers and buyers.
Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I've just had my first case of a buyer not paying.  On her ebay site she has a comment from another seller about ignoring emails and not paying, exactly what happened with me.

I closed the transaction and relisted the item.  What has annoyed and frustrated me is that she has given me Negative feedback on the transaction and has stated  "A rude seller.  Will never buy from this seller again".   How can she make this comment when the transaction has not gone through and she has never bought from me.   I am not able to give feedback to this buyer as my item has not been sold to her.  Someone please explain how this works.

I have contacted Customer Support about this and they refuse to do anything about this negative comment from a buyer who has not bought anything from me.  They just state that according to their rules and policy guidelines they are not able to remove this feedback.

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

jko*99
Community Member

I've had this happen 4 time in the last month, id like to see a non payment fee for buyer who don't pay 10 percent of final sale price !!??

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I HAD TO THREATEN A BUYER WITH LEGAL ACTION FOR SLANDER OVER UNCALLED FOR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND TELLING LIE'S TO EBAY  . EBAY REMOVED THE FEEDBACK . YOU JUST HAVE TO STAND UP FOR FEEDBACK SCORE !!!!

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply