Buyers not paying.

Who is sick and tired of buyers not paying for their items and nothing being done about it.They waste the sellers time and effort and there are no consequences for this.These time wasters should be suspended from ebay.Ebay has everything stacked against the seller,you can't even leave a negative feedback against them.What can we do to make Ebay change this?.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Buyers not paying.

We may remove Feedback left by a member when that member has violated certain rules or policies. This includes Feedback left by a buyer who didn't pay for an item.

tive or neutral Feedback left as a result of the following situations may be removed:

• A buyer didn't pay for an item and an unpaid item case is recorded against the buyer.

@happy-smile-laugh wrote:

Yes perservere. I do. its totally impractical for a buyer to be able to leave feedback for an item they havnt paid for. If it takes u 30 mins talking to ebay consultant do it it will be worth it to protect ur hard earned reputation/ feedback score. It depends who u get when u make the call some people are ridiculous, some fair some great some efficient, some just say i understand bla bla bla. perservere! its worth it. ask them point blank do u think its fair. logical, practicle or honest of ebay to allow such things just keep pushing cause u have very right with the circumstances u mentioned. we need to defend out feedbacks becasue really ebay can put u thru hell to get unfair stuff removed that is so sabotaging and also they dont allow sellers to giv negative feedback casue it deters buyers spending money n them making money yet they have allowed this moron to keep there feedback on u when they didnt even pay to have a right to leave feedback. thats disgusting. we need to satnd up for our feedbacks and get thigns happening in a more practicle common sense way. id say ring again ask to speak to manager also ask them to verbalise whats removable. if they look at ur msgs they will see that u were not rude if u wernt n thers ur proof to getthe msg removed. if we didnt do all the hard work listing n selling they would have nothign to make money off yet they protect these awful non payers n not us. its rubbish.perservere. ive been told no many times perservered rang back on dif days spoken to mangers and eventually im treated fairly and thigns are removed that are false.

i advise no threatening to buyer that gives them ammo to get their own way ever threaten buyer. just remind them u give honest feedback wether the transaction is negative or bad and that u will not lie and give positive feedback for a negative experince. that way ur not threatenign but they get the msg . ebay are big on threatenign msgs even if they are nto threats. 

seems like they arnt following procedure there are times when they try to get away with not removing stuff they have to according to the rulkes n policies beign violated by bidder not payign and there false comments. 

jus ring back untill someone with abrain answers the phone. if we all start sticking up for our feedback reps then ebay will get sick n tired n too time poor to treat us so unfairly, its a joke what tehy have done to u. 

honeastlyu these ppl are playoig with hours n hours of our time put into our great feedback scores n the lengths we go to to keep them high n then 1 idiot answers the phone n goes against what is in black and white here on ebay site.

so annoyed by this lets all make an effort to get this serious issue fixed. ive been told no befor en keep ringing till they say yes, when i know im within my rights according to policy n rules. 

Message 21 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I sold a signed tee shirt and sent it before being paid, they havent responded to my messages or paid ๐Ÿ˜ž I can only send items on a saturday so thought id do the right thing... I only have the option of leaving "positive" in the feedback - along with the message but I dont want to leave a positive rating. This sucks, I really needed the money.

Message 22 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

NEVER EVER send anything before being paid!

Message 23 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

Open NPB dispute with paypal today and if the buyer doesn't pay close it on day 4 and at least the buyer will get a strike against them and you will get fvf back.

You may be lucky, if the buyer knows how the strike system works, they may pay to avoid being penalised.  Worth a try.

And as pointed out - Never send before payment is received.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 24 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

@cmore6969 wrote:
I totally agree with you. I have had quite a few non-payers in the last two months - often ebay ears with no or little positive feedback but even a few recently who are long term ebay users. It is so frustrating and time consuming. eBay should really be doing more to address this issue

I had a clothing seller recently that purchased and didn't pay.  I left her postive feedback with ways transaction could be improved Smiley Happy closed non payment dispute and strike was issued.

This regular clothing seller has left follow-up feedback to my postive for her - lol - saying she did pay etc etc - yeah right ... what a Pinocchio !! Smiley LOL

I'm still working on my follow up to the follow up ... any suggestions ???

Message 25 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

Yes, I've just had a new buyer ( really new- no feedback) successfully win an item and then ask for a two week extension on payment( two days after being sent an invoice). Si I get where you're coming from regarding the new buyers.

Message 26 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

Strikes are nothing and eBay won't listen anyway. The non-payer situation has never been worse. Non-payers MUST be identified to restore seller confidence. Does anyone agree?

Message 27 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

I also am so sick of non paying buyers! I have had four in the past two weeks! We used to be able to leave negative feedback for buyers, but can no longer do this!  Ebay needs to seriously do something about this< It's not fair to the seller!

Message 28 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

eBay have done something about it. They have given sellers the opportunity to list BIN with instant payment required. If they dopn't pay right away, the item stays for sale.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 29 of 47
Latest reply

Buyers not paying.

@pamela_doogie wrote:

I also am so sick of non paying buyers! I have had four in the past two weeks! We used to be able to leave negative feedback for buyers, but can no longer do this!  Ebay needs to seriously do something about this< It's not fair to the seller!

For a very limited time. The change came in in 2008 and you joined in 2008, so you had a very limited opportunity.

The current system works better, imo.

Message 30 of 47
Latest reply