Buyers should NOT be allowed to leave ANY feedback after being refunded in full in reasonable time

Jebus I tell you what, where is my seller protection??? I've had a number of dippers recently who buy items, then read the description and find out it's not what they want, then request a refund, so I do the refund, and then the dipper HAS THE OPTION OF LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK??? For f's sake come-on, this is a joke... Anyone refunded within a reasonable time should not be able to wreck a seller's reputation. I try hard to maintain a 100% feedback but realisitically, I realise this may be simply impossible over time due to ebay allowing negative feedback to be left for a seller after a buyer is refunded. Yea, yea, i know the ebay chant, "the buyer leaves feedback to reflect their opinion of the transaction", but in all my cases, the buyer has requested a refund via ebay message and saying they bought the wrong item... now before anyone says I should describe items clearly, I have BIG TEXT on the main pictures, and also in THE VERY FIRST LINE OF THE DESCRIPTION and also in the item specifics stating "Procuct type:this type(for example a service, files, whatever)" that clearly says what is on offer and I have done this to try to stop these types of purchases happening but it's a fact of lift that there is a percentage of idiots out there who buy and then read about what they bought(or even better, i have had a number of buyers who have NEVER READ THE DESCRIPTION.... can you believe this???).

So I have done my best to make it clear what's on offer for my items, and then some dipper comes along, buys it, then realises they bought the wrong thing, requests a refund, so I refund them in full within a short time, and they can then leave me negative feedback???

THIS SHOULD SIMPLY NOT BE ABLE TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Buyers should NOT be allowed to leave ANY feedback after being refunded in full in reasonable time

Errrr, but you don't have any negs..............................ripper rant though.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

the question should be Why do you refund for change of mind? you could simply ssay NO and if neg feedback left then have it removed???

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Negagtive feedback can't be removed in that situation according to my phone conversation with eBay support. Only way is if buyer asks for refund, then if i do refund and they then leave neg feedback. Oh also to the other comment about me having no neg, i'm trying to keep it that way but a few dippers are making me sweat on it, one actually did leave neg but i put in a revision request and it turned out ok but it won't always be like this... change-of-mind etc buyers who are refunded shouldn't have the option to leave neg feedback, it's ridiculous.

Say this scenario: I buy something, pay for it, then in a few hours say opps i bought the wrong thing, i want a refund, so the seller hasn't posted the item yet and so refunds me (if they are a reasonable seller), and i am now free to leave whatever feedback i like including negative, if i was a malicious buyer (i'm not) couldn't this sort of tactic be used to give neg feedback just for the sake of leaving neg feedback?

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Why would anyone bother? Most people would just be grateful that you refunded them if it was change of mind. You're more likely to get negged after refund if it was not as described.

Why stress over something that hasn't happened yet? Buyers aren't generally evil people you know.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Once I did an oops. I bought something happily, through the cart, then later bought it again (multiples available). Paying for it alongside the newer items. I just didn't notice it was still in the cart.

Seller refunded the second when I asked nicely. I was grateful. Left them a positive for the first item and excellent, helpful seller on the second.

Selling here can be a bit stressful. Try not to make it harder on yourself until/if situations happen. I'm saying this as I used to be very prone to worry what if this/what if that. Not worth it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

I know that and yes 99% are very good buyers, it's that 1% that gives me the **bleep**s, for example the last buyer who prompted this rant, buys one of my items (which was vehicle ECU tune files to suit a tuning device), so I message them that I need the serial number of the device in order to be able to write the tune files and also in order for them to be loadable (which is CLEARLY stated in the item description) then for a week nothing, then i get a message from the buyer, "where's my device?". Just have a look at my items, I don't have a lot so it's easy to spot, see the item with the big writing on the side that says "TUNE FILES ONLY"... and also says this in the first line of the description and also in the "Item Specifics"... I mean seriously, how f'rn stu%id can that person be to buy that, and then expect the actual tuning device???

It's a fact of life that there exists, in the general community, an unavoidable percentage of idiots, and there's your proof right there...

Then when I questioned the buyer (nicely) as to what did they base their decision to purchase the item on, I get a return message, and I quote: "Well that is stupid, when are you refunding my money"... This is the intelligence of the minority that by trading on eBay, you have to deal with, and anyway I canceled the order, using the reason the buyer requested it (which they did) and now this minority person, who is obviously a sandwich short of a picnic, NOW HAS THE OPTION TO LEAVE ME NEG FEEDBACK...

Yes, if it happens I'll be on the phone to eBay support as many times as it takes to get it removed, but it should never come to this, I have done nothing wrong yet I can potentially have my rating wrecked by dippers like this, and there have been more than one like this.... like I said... there exists in the general community...

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Oh just in case you can't find it, it's at this link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231924062871

Now I ask you, how can that listing be mis-interpreted as to what the item is???

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Mis-interpreted?

I don't have a clue what it is I'm looking at.

Glad I don't want one

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Ummm.... lol... look ok it's a particular specific thing which is probably not common knowledge in the general community, I'll admit that, but come on, if you don't know what an item is, would (and should) you buy it? (remember the listing states no refunds but this is actually moot, both eBay and PayPal can and will force it if they choose)...

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply