CLICKNSEND SATCHELS - anyone think the new ones are smaller ??

hi ,

ive only used a 5kg satchel a few months ago , bought over the counter at the PO as they werent sold on here..but recently my

ordered lot of them arrived & to me they look smaller ??

i remember the first one i bought fit so much in it , the PO guy was holding it with his little finger so as not to fall over on the scales.

also my new 500gm ones arrived & to me they also appear to be smaller .. i just thought if anyone had some pre changeover ones still they could check for me ..

ive emailed auspost but taking some time to reply..

thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: CLICKNSEND SATCHELS - anyone think the new ones are smaller ??

I was wondering that about the 500g ones the other day - they seemed smaller, so I compared the old coloured ones I had with the new white boring ones, and they were pretty close. The white one was a few mm smaller on the long side, but a tad longer on the length, but this could have just been a batch thing?

Measured them and they were both pretty much 33 x 23 cm

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

I was wondering that about the 500g ones the other day - they seemed smaller, so I compared the old coloured ones I had with the new white boring ones, and they were pretty close. The white one was a few mm smaller on the long side, but a tad longer on the length, but this could have just been a batch thing?

hi, thanks so much for that..must be an optical illusion 😉 .. i was thinking they possibly got annoyed at all of us stuffing them to the brink & made them smaller..still if they are stuffed & dont weigh more then it shouldnt matter.. i am hoping now ebay will soon have the 5KG ones also .. i dont use them very often but begrudge paying the full cost. today i printed a label on ebay for the large sz box after speaking to a PO branch who told me as long as the weight was right it didnt matter about the container. im sure shes wrong but i have her name ..

thanks again.. 🙂

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

The 5kg ones are the same size. The regular satchel seems bigger because it has the tear-off on the end.

[edit] I don't have any of the current pre-paid 5kg satchels. I measured a C&S 5kg against an old pre-paid 5kg.

thanks so much for checking that for me. i was sure i stuffed more items in the over the counter one & it expanded more in width than i think the newer white one will. it would be good if ebay had them available also. im not sure why they dont , if auspost wont make them avail to ebay or ebay , like the auspost seller on here told me they didnt think there was a demand for them..

you sure have a lot of posts :)..

thanks again .. 🙂

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

The 5kg satchels used to come in two sizes - standard and large.  

The large size in the 5kg was discontinued.

I am pretty sure there used to be jumbo size 3kg too.

hi thanks for replying.. we pay enough for sending parcels..im sure there has been a decline in the sales after the recent changes..it is getting so sellers of clothing cant compete with land stores now esp during sales, with the added post cost it just isnt worth it for buyers. its a shame they discontinued those larger size ones not everything that weighs 5kgs can fit in a smaller satchel. i saw a question on the auspost site before the changes came in a poor seller had bought up big on the boxes as they had a limit of 15kgs!! ..only to find out the limits were coming down 😞 .

maybe the plain colour makes them look smaller :)..

thanks again 🙂

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The 5kg ones are the same size. The regular satchel seems bigger because it has the tear-off on the end.

[edit] I don't have any of the current pre-paid 5kg satchels. I measured a C&S 5kg against an old pre-paid 5kg.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

hi, thanks so much for that..must be an optical illusion 😉 .. i was thinking they possibly got annoyed at all of us stuffing them to the brink & made them smaller..still if they are stuffed & dont weigh more then it shouldnt matter.. i am hoping now ebay will soon have the 5KG ones also .. i dont use them very often but begrudge paying the full cost. today i printed a label on ebay for the large sz box after speaking to a PO branch who told me as long as the weight was right it didnt matter about the container. im sure shes wrong but i have her name ..

thanks again.. 🙂

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

thanks so much for checking that for me. i was sure i stuffed more items in the over the counter one & it expanded more in width than i think the newer white one will. it would be good if ebay had them available also. im not sure why they dont , if auspost wont make them avail to ebay or ebay , like the auspost seller on here told me they didnt think there was a demand for them..

you sure have a lot of posts :)..

thanks again .. 🙂

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

hi thanks for replying.. we pay enough for sending parcels..im sure there has been a decline in the sales after the recent changes..it is getting so sellers of clothing cant compete with land stores now esp during sales, with the added post cost it just isnt worth it for buyers. its a shame they discontinued those larger size ones not everything that weighs 5kgs can fit in a smaller satchel. i saw a question on the auspost site before the changes came in a poor seller had bought up big on the boxes as they had a limit of 15kgs!! ..only to find out the limits were coming down 😞 .

maybe the plain colour makes them look smaller :)..

thanks again 🙂

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

Not sure if they are smaller but Aussie post is a rip off. Nearly every item can be delivered cheaper through our courier company. AND they pick up when I want and deliver when I want.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@vegacomputers wrote:

Not sure if they are smaller but Aussie post is a rip off. Nearly every item can be delivered cheaper through our courier company. AND they pick up when I want and deliver when I want.

hi, thanks for the tip. i can see you sell a lot of items. i only sell a few each month , clothing mostly, so i wouldnt qualify for the

cheaper rates or 20 a month as per their website..im glad you've found a reliable co to deliver your items & a great price..thats half the problem of selling off your hands..cheers 🙂

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just last week while at AP, another customer dropped a satchel on the counter and left.  The postal staff checked the weight of the satchel.  Interestingly, the satchel weighed in excess of 500g, the correct 3kg postage had been paid, BUT the contents were packed into a 500g satchel.  So, the customer saved himself/herself a few cents by using a cheaper satchel to post his/her goods. 

On the one hand, if sending a large quantity of satchels over the course of a year, this could save the seller a bit of money.  On the other hand, would possible AP cursory examinations assume they are overweight 500g satchels, if the label is not closely examined, and result in insufficient postage fines?

I don't know if this was a case of a seller simply running out of the correct-sized satchel or a regular occurrence.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply