Cancel a sale?

Few months ago, I listed a BY IT NOW sale of a Canon100mm L  lens for $600 (stupid me because it was hardly used and I orignally bought if for $1200).  After  I receved the money, I realised I was set back by  Ebay fee of $60, Paypal fee of about $10  and a postage & packaging fee of $30. That means I recieved rougly $500. I was disappointed. Not only that,because I was a new seller,  Ebay/Paypal held my funds until I sent out that item.

The reason why I sell things is because I needed the money. And if Ebay has to hold my funds for every item I sell, then I will look for another place to sell.    In this case, can I cancel a sale? If yes, how do you do it on a BY IT NOW after the buyer paid you. And how do I reverse the Ebay fee?

Many thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cancel a sale?

Of course you can't cancel a sale from 2 months ago where the buyer has paid and received the item, with both of you leaving feedback.

In future you need to factor in eBay and Paypal fees into your BIN price, and put a BIN on an item that you're happy with.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Just curious why you would expect to get the money before you sent out the item? 

Suggest you do a bit of reading about how this place works.  Heaps of information there to be had. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

i'm not sure about you - but that's how ebay works for me? you get the money and then you send out the item? 

i'm certainly never sending out anything to anyone until i have the funds. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I'm thinking daydreams meant waiting for the 21 day hold before posting.

edit: and seriously OP, you accepted a best offer!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do you seriously expect the buyer to give you back the item after 2 months so you can cancel the sale?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It would apparently seems that way Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply