Cancel sale straight after auction

Have struck an extremely rude and arrogant buyer I just dont want to deal with. I would rather cancel the sale now than cop the inevitable Neg feedback  for 2 items from this guy. According to this page http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html#cancel I should be able to cancel....To cancel a transaction

1. Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.

2. In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.

When I click on more actions I am not seeing Cancel this order as an option

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Cancel sale straight after auction

from Aus Post website

"

Does your item qualify as a letter?

To be considered a letter, your item must:

• weigh less than 500g
  • contain flexible items only (if being sent within Australia)  
  • have a rectangular shape
  • be no larger than a B4 envelope (260mm x 360mm x 20mm)
  • be no thicker than 20mm
Message 31 of 39
Latest reply

Yes, if you follow Australia Post rules, they most certainly do

Message 32 of 39
Latest reply

I'm fairly sure they just copy-pasted that from the other section. They wouldn't offer cardboard CD mailers in-store and put them through as large letters every single time if they were meant to go via Parcel Post.
Message 33 of 39
Latest reply

The rule is there in black and white its just that some postal workers dont enforce it including those that let you post a cd mailer as a lettet
Message 34 of 39
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:

"the $9.00 the OP charged is more than likely costing them money to post."

Three stamps* plus a $1.35 PB3 bubble mailer, actually. Nowhere near $9 or $10 to send two DVDs.

*Or five stamps if it was over 250g. Put the DVDs in side by side, not one on top of the other.

Anyone who charges Parcel Post for less than three regular sized DVD cases is ripping people (and themselves) off and deserve low stars next to postage cost. Anyone who charges buyers their own eBay fees also deserves low marks and/or feedback.

Note that Parcel Post is actually cheaper than items over 250g sent registered however ($5 + $1.35 +$3.80 = $10.15 compared to $7.45 + $1.35 ($8.80), or $8.25 for a 500g satchel which has no padding whatsoever and can result in an obliterated DVD case and/or a damaged disc because straya psot iz speshl), but regular mail without tracking is far cheaper for DVDs (and CDs, Blu-Ray, console games made after 2000, excluding thick cases).

what about the $2:95 for registered post? so that is $3 + $1.35 + $2:95 with Ebay and paypal fees added that comesto 8.40 personally that would be a lot more hassle than using the 500g satchel/bubbewrap so I would add $2 handling fee so with the fees on the $2 you would be looking at nearer to $11 so once again I will say $10 is NOT an unresonible amount to charge for postage on 2 cd/dvds 

Message 35 of 39
Latest reply

Good point. Send large letter and you get no tracking. Send as parcel with ebay postage label and you get tracking send a dvd or cd as a large letter u run the risk of it being damaged by a sorting machine and you also run therisk of auspost slugging the recipient an underpaid postage fee which would be slightly embarrassing
Message 36 of 39
Latest reply

Good thing my DVD mailers fit in my 19mm (3/4") letter gauge then, so Australia Post can't rip me off at the counter by haphazardly putting the item through their own letter gauge and then saying because it grazed one side they will have to charge parcel rates. Also a good thing that my local post office doesn't have those types of staff, and the staff there will actually tell me if an item can be sent as a large letter for less than the parcel rate.

@ 247newdeals: $2.95 for Registered Post? Every time I send registered it is $3.80 on top of the postage. Unless you're talking about paper envelopes (of which only the larger ones fit DVD cases) or even small letters. And yes, I find $10+ to be an unreasonable amount to pay for a second hand DVD when you can buy them brand new and sealed at places like Kmart* for $6 or so (not to mention parallel imports from the UK/US etc., which are almost always cheaper than the "Australian" edition) or $2 second hand in the bottom-feeders and not have to worry about the item getting lost or damaged in the mail and trashing someone's DSRs because Australia Post were incompetent or someone wearing the AP uniform was pilfering things.

* Moot point if the items were out of print years ago and/or are no longer sold. Kmart most certainly don't sell NES games (in fact, they don't sell *anything* by Nintendo anymore - or PS4 or Xbox One or PC games for that matter, my one only had a few Skylanders boxes left, the rest of the entertainment section was entirely CDs and DVDs/Blu-Ray).

Again, I still think the Australia Post website has put information regarding small letters in the large letters section and/or copy-pasted that message from another part of the site. Like the Australian Government, Australia Post is a little bit behind the times and the wheels turn very slowly (and haven't been oiled since 1975).

I'll let buyers decide if they want to pay for tracking on items under $10, unless it doesn't fit in the letter gauge to begin with. If the item is over a certain cost it's sent with tracking regardless. If I only offered Parcel Post on items worth $1-$5 I would be lucky to get one sale every six months. If someone wants to have a $3 PS2 game sent registered, so be it, $6 postage (and yes, I absorb some of the cost so they "save" a bit anyway).
Message 37 of 39
Latest reply

Aus post seem to have copy pasted that info to another page also http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/domestic-letters.html

We classify a letter as an item that:

• weighs less than 500g
  • is no thicker than 20mm
  • contains flexible items**
  • has a rectangular shape

** Letters should not contain stiff objects such as bottle tops, pens, items enclosed in a hard case, and so on. High-speed letter sorting equipment could damage such objects, or the objects could damage other articles.

Bottom line, I chose to post within Auspost guidlines, mainly because using ebay postage labels was a big time saver for someone working 60hrs per week with no time to waste at post offices.

Buyers would be taking postage cost into account when bidding, so thjey dont lose. Ebay & Auspost are the only winners here.

The only loser here is me as my sale price is more than likely affected.  But, I accept that and consider it a fair trade off for convenience

Not sure why some people want to argue about that.

Strange how a post originally just asking how to cancel an auction in a hurry has gone off on a tangent

Message 38 of 39
Latest reply

Here is another Aus Post page that outlines the large letter guidlines

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/domestic-letters.html

And also contains this info

** Letters should not contain stiff objects such as bottle tops, pens, items enclosed in a hard case, and so on. High-speed letter sorting equipment could damage such objects, or the objects could damage other articles.

In the past I used to just take my padded bags to the post office and if they fit in the guage, it was charged as a large letter. My friendly local PO, which has since closed.  also gave me a guage to use at home. Not sure if the "flexible" rule was in place then, but my local PO never mentioned it as I'm sure many POs now still turn a blind eye. But just because you may get away with it at some post offices, doesnt mean the rule isnt there

As I said before I chose to post within Aus Post guidelines, mainly(entirely) due to the time saving and convenience of being able to use ebay postage labels and also for the fact you get tracking. Sure tracking is a bit of a waste on a $5 item, but on a $20 item maybe not.

If I wasnt working fulltime and had plenty of time to scrounge and bend the postage rules I would, but I work 60hrs per week so chose convenience over profit

The only person who loses here is me in potential final bid price as no doubt buyers will take postage cost into account when bidding. So the buyer doesnt lose. The only one who profits here is AusPost

Not sure why some people seem to have a problem with that

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply