Change to the payout system.

pcmsm56
Community Member

Previously when ebay paid money to me via Paypal, I used to receive $22.05 for my $22.95 sale. Now with ebay paying directly into my bank account I get $19.57. This is a fee of $3.38 or 14.7%. Has anyone else noticed this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When your payments went direct to  Paypal,  your  90c deduction was purely the  2.5% paypal fee, and all your ebay fees were accumulated and invoiced monthly.

Old  Fees     Ebay FVF  10.9%  +  2.5% Paypal

New Fees    Ebay FVF  13.4%  +  30c

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Old fees also included 30c fixed fee to Paypal, so ebay fees are now cheaper.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, same here - the new MP Fees are more than the previous combined eBay/PayPal Fees our previous was EBAY 9.9% and PayPal 2.6% + 0.30c - but I think the previous fee structure varied from Seller to Seller.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Unless you have an ABN registered with eBay, your old fees were 9.9% + 10% GST. 10.89%

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes that to, but working on the the base fee with GST or WITH OUT GST the previous way was cheaper, 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You must have different charges to me. My fees are generally the same as before.

Pre - 10.89% + 2.6% +30c (13.49%) On a $10 sale that was $1.65

Now - 12.18% + 27c + GST. On a $10 sale that is $1.64

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I did say it varied from seller to seller, as you have shown it appears that the previous fee structure was a dogs breakfast hahahaha, I feel with MP it will now have a fee structure thatโ€™s fair across the board - which is a good thing 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Just going on a $10 sale - previously and today as we are not on MP yet, we would pay Ebay fee 9.9% plus GST = $1.09 - PayPal 2.6% + 0.30 GST Free = $0.56c  Fee Total: $1.65

and reading the current MP fee list eBay has sent us it reads 13.4% plus GST plus 0.30c plus GST so if I was on MP today the fee would be $1.80

so going on this there is still a Difference on MP fee structure compared to yours, maybe this will change like yours when signed up for MPs

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I followed up, eBay had a typo in the MP info that I inquired about where they advised PLUS GST that was wrong , so you are right our MP fees will be the same as what you advisedโ€ฆโ€ฆ.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply