Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

CmtyGuide@ebay.com
Community Member

This thread is to discuss the Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au

These changes include:

Enhanced functionality for multi-variation listings

Show your item location to increase buyer confidence

Greater 'Item Condition' clarity for buyers

Share your listings through your social network

Changes to Basic and Featured Store subscriptions

Please be advised, off-topic and/or disruptive posts may be deleted.

eBay Community Guides help you find what you need in eBay Community, but do not offer advice on other eBay features, or engage in conversation. Find out more about eBay Community and how it works here: Community Help Page
Message 1 of 260
Latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

Re: Changes coming soon to eBay.com.au (14/08/2012)

j*oono
Community Member

Well usually when ebay makes changes I tend to just go with the flow and I don't let things worry me that much but I'm afraid this could be the end of my little store ๐Ÿ˜ž

I am seriously more of a hobby seller and I don't make much profit as I sell things that I hand make and a store is the best way for me because I can leave them running and have multiple items which I would be unable to do with a plain buy it now listing.

The new store price would take me at least a weeks worth of production time to pay for (yes, it's just a hobby) and I am very disappointed.  The increase is too much now.  The basic store was good, I didn't even mind the price rise to featured store when basic was killed off but the 100% increase is over the top so not sure what to do at this stage.

Unfair

Joono
Message 2 of 260
Latest reply

The biggest problem is that we have 400 px pictures on 6000 of our listings. It's a trading card, 400 px lets you see every single word on the card clearly.

It would cost tens of thousands of dollars of labour to individually rescan, crop and edit every single picture to get it to the 500px minimum requirement. Buyer image clarity advantage? None. They can still see every single word of the card.

Are there any lee-way to the minimum picture size requirements?

Message 3 of 260
Latest reply

It's funny... as people who are being marketed at by a large and successful company, it's fair that we're succeptable to the marketing lingo and idealistic views expressed by eBay when trying to sell us a new product.

It's good to read the board, though. This is where you get the comparisons to previous plans and arguably the true-to-life interpretation of what's going on.

Message 4 of 260
Latest reply

There is nothing wrong with the photo system the way it is. As long as a photo is clear, thats all you need

Message 5 of 260
Latest reply

They're trying for uniformity, they don't want odd sizes and shapes any more. Think Westfield or Centro.

Message 6 of 260
Latest reply

dogs...money grubbin dogs

"I thought an Android was something from Star Wars"
- Mum
Message 7 of 260
Latest reply

are pinks replying on this thread?

I would like to know more specific guidelines as to what kind of watermarks are going to be allowed?

Message 8 of 260
Latest reply

I want to know as we have to may for a store if they will stop advertising on the space we pay for and will they STOP advertising competitors items on OUR paid for listings pages?

Message 9 of 260
Latest reply

I want to know as we have to PAY more for a store if they will stop advertising on the space we pay for and will they STOP advertising competitors items on OUR paid for listings pages?

Message 10 of 260
Latest reply