Changes to Boards

Early next month eBay will be updating the Community forums in Australia. With these updates you'll enjoy a better experience, an updated look and feel and great new features, including:

A new "ask a question" feature The ability for you to give kudos to other users' posts When you ask a question, you'll be able to see when an answer is posted, and then "Accept the Solution" if you think the answer is a good one. Every time you accept a solution, you help other members who may have the same question find their answer even faster!

In order to make these enhancements, we will be placing the forums in "read-only" mode for a few days, starting Thursday, June 27th. After the updates are completed, you can continue to ask questions and talk with each other as you always do - your user name, previous posts and post counts will all stay the same. And there's nothing you need to do to take advantage of these new features - you'll have the same familiar navigation on the left of your screen and the same structure for Discussion Boards, Answer Centre, and Groups.

You can find more information about the changes here.

Hope its better with new mods too ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Changes to Boards

LOL I know one member that will use this to max

9. Can I edit and delete my personal posts?

Yes, you'll be able to edit and delete a post that you've made within a designated timeframe of when the post was made.

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

In order to make these enhancements, we will be placing the forums in "read-only" mode for a few days, starting Thursday, June 27th

:_|

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Edit / delete your own posts?  It's about time !!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

In order to make these enhancements, we will be placing the forums in "read-only" mode for a few days, starting Thursday, June 27th

:_|

:-D:-D:-D

Well some, like moi, might get a bit more listing done

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

**tay**
Community Member

I can see the edit your own posts feature being abused by some, I guess we'll see in time...

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

In order to make these enhancements, we will be placing the forums in "read-only" mode for a few days, starting Thursday, June 27th. 

Oh, what will the button pushers do ...

Don't blame me. I didn't vote him in ...
Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

I can see the edit your own posts feature being abused by some, I guess we'll see in time...

It will probably be that a post can only be edited within 5-10 mins of posting to alter grammar or errors.

image host
Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

shahmink
Community Member

If that's the case kopenhagen5, then there will be a lot of that going on from what I've seen so far in here.;-)

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Was anyone online last night ? I couldn't access any part of the boards - only Live World's home page appeared. It seems like maybe they've started to work on the upgrades early.

TCT
Message 10 of 37
Latest reply