i havea bit of a dilema

ok  as you can see  im selling a collectible  pokermon dvd and i have a buyer  with 2 feedback   from nz bidding and have now  messaged me saying  that they cant pay until next wensday  if they  win  after a  unexpected bill  my  red flags are  up  should they be?

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

i havea bit of a dilema

especally when it says i only post to australia

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

never mind i blocked and canclled his bids

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

i think i did the  right thing   it just sounded   suspicious to  me

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

Your choice but you must have settings there to allow them to bid if they are not in OZ.

At least they contacted you and asked first.

If they were not going to pay they would have not even got the ok first.

A sale is a sale and if they had not paid by the agreed date then you could have opened a dispute for non payment and you would not have been out of pocket.

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

Looks like a possible lost sale to me. What, you never had an unexpected bill come in...

Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

Even if it was bona fide, best to do what you are comfortable with. Good decision. 🙂

image host
Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

yeah i  understand i   lost money  but  i dont know just something seemed off to me...........

Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What is suspicious about asking you if you would wait 6 days for payment?  It is not that long. He could just as easily not have said anything and let you open a dispute.  He could have then paid within the 4 days that it had to remain open.

That was a rather substantial bid to cancel because you were suspicious.

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

i havea bit of a dilema

So why ask here if you had made your mind up anyway.

You could have contacted the under bidder at the auction end and told them what was going on and if it was not paid for by the agreed date you would send a 2nd chance offer.

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply