Changes to Boards

Early next month eBay will be updating the Community forums in Australia. With these updates you'll enjoy a better experience, an updated look and feel and great new features, including:

A new "ask a question" feature The ability for you to give kudos to other users' posts When you ask a question, you'll be able to see when an answer is posted, and then "Accept the Solution" if you think the answer is a good one. Every time you accept a solution, you help other members who may have the same question find their answer even faster!

In order to make these enhancements, we will be placing the forums in "read-only" mode for a few days, starting Thursday, June 27th. After the updates are completed, you can continue to ask questions and talk with each other as you always do - your user name, previous posts and post counts will all stay the same. And there's nothing you need to do to take advantage of these new features - you'll have the same familiar navigation on the left of your screen and the same structure for Discussion Boards, Answer Centre, and Groups.

You can find more information about the changes here.

Hope its better with new mods too ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Changes to Boards

" In order to make these enhancements, we will be placing the forums in "read-only" mode for a few days, starting Thursday, June 27th. "

You'll be lucky if you can read anything except boring crap about Live World.

TCT
Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Won't be reading any thing much about Live World soon. Hopefully we might get some improved moderation when their contract finishes.

Live World press release.

San Jose, CA, & New York โ€“ May 24, 2013 โ€“ LiveWorld, Inc. (OTC Markets: LVWD), today announced that it is focusing on its broader social media presence and will spend fewer resources on the development and deployment of its Community Center solution set.  Consistent with this transition, the company expects its contractual relationship with eBay to end during the summer 2013.

โ€œWe have had a wonderful working relationship over the years, and we look forward to their continued success,โ€ said David Houston, Chief Financial Officer of LiveWorld. โ€œThis transition is consistent with our continuing business shift from solutions based on our proprietary central community web platform to solutions focused on the greater social web.โ€

More here on eCommerceBytes

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

I know about that announcement and I won't miss them. On their site they claim they use human moderation. I've suspected for a long time only computers deal with reported posts but we'll probably never know for sure. I've emailed ebay about the incident last night and I'm waiting ( up to 3 days ) for a reply.....

TCT
Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

From eCommerceBytes.....

eBay discussion boards are down - and what's worse, trying to access them results in a long wait followed by being redirecting to the LiveWorld website. As we reported in May, eBay cancelled its contract with LiveWorld, and since then has migrated the discussion boards in Canada to its new platform provider, Lithium, with plans to roll out the rest of the international forums in the following weeks.

eBay's Director of Community Jeff Terrell told EcommerceBytes it was a "mutual parting" between eBay and LiveWorld, but this redirect, however unintentional and whose ever fault it may be, ultimately results in users being "hijacked" to LiveWorld.

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Also from eCommerceBytes

Update: At 11:19, eBay posted the following notice on the Systems board:

Hello,
We are aware that members are currently experiencing problems accessing the eBay Community Center. We are working on a resolution for this issue as quickly as possible and will keep you updated.

Regards and apologies for the inconvenience,
The eBay Team

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

I've just received a reply from ebay and it contains the usual bull. I've been advised to clear my cookies and cache. Anyway thanks for confirming it's a technical issue cats.

TCT
Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

This is showing as blank page to me

http://community.ebay.com.au/forum/New-Community-Experience/500001539

You can open a thread there Foxy which I've just done. 

TCT
Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Oh, what will the button pushers do ...

Push faster!! before you can edit :^O

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

Changes to Boards

Look out bandaid sellers! You'll be run off your feet! :^O

Don't blame me. I didn't vote him in ...
Message 20 of 37
Latest reply