Changing feedback font

Looking at a buyers feedback and noticed they have been able to use different fonts for thier feedback left.

Any ideas how this is done??   

Positive feedback rating ★𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 + 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲★  

Positive feedback rating ★ 𝟏𝟎/𝟏𝟎 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 & 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦 ★  

Positive feedback rating Exᴄᴇʟʟᴇɴᴛ ᴇBᴀʏᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Pᴀʏᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Gʟᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴛᴇᴍ.🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟  

Positive feedback rating Pʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ ᴘᴀʏᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Exᴄᴇʟʟᴇɴᴛ ᴇBᴀʏᴇʀ 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Changing feedback font

I'm not sure, unless they type it elsewhere (such as in an email or word) and then copy and paste it as you've done

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Smart Stupid phones.

More and more people using them.

I've even seen listings with stupid little emojis in the title.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

If there are certain feedback you like, try copy n paste.

image host
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

People were doing this when I first joined ebay 13 years ago so I'd say they're probably copying and pasting from another document.  A couple of years ago I wanted to put 4 1/2 in a title (but properly, not as I've got it), and the only way to do it was by copying and pasting it from another document.  If you can do that in a title I'd imagine it can also be done in feedback.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

Unicode and / or ASCII.

I think.  I'm not the most educated re: computer....stuff, I just know it's responsible for some of my favourite emoticons... and yep, I have to copy / paste them, because I'm too lazy to learn to type them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I looked at the first post on my phone, and actually only saw a select few characters, most of it was blank with a scattering of stars and emojis, but I can see it perfectly on my PC.  

You will also often see black rectangles, in place of a unicode character, when the software can't render it, so it doesn't have the highest success rate (by which I mean, a lot of people looking at the feedback you leave, will just see blank spaces and / or nonsense if you use some of these). 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

If you want to put a half in something, it's - Alt key with  0189

Just don't space between the numbers or it looks weird.    As in 4½ years

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

​Just avoid comic sans 🙈

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

Hello bear,

Methinks you have also read that most wonderful book... "Just my Type" by Simon Garfield.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Changing feedback font

imastawka, that gets my regrettably grammarian fingers tingling with the rueful wish to close the gap. Then I remind myself that it's not my concern, it's not the end of the world, and it's not going to cause World War III; I breathe deeply; I do 100 sit-ups; and the moment passes.

A grocer once placed an apostrophe

just where it offended, and lost an "E";

Thus "Ch ap cauliflow r's"

Costs many man-hours

Despairing of language's dystrophy.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply