Chargeback: Suspicious Buyer

This morning we received a PayPal notification of a chargeback dating back to 8th August. The buyer is claiming unauthorised use of the card.

The amount is for $8.00. Not too bad I guess.

She left positive FB for us at the time suggesting she received the item. "Thank U send well"

We looked at the buyers feedback and see that she has bought lots of similar items from other sellers since this date as well.

So we contacted one of the major sellers about this and they answered straight away that they too have received the same notification about the same buyer overnight. Theirs was for about $140. They are not happy.

Most of our items are small so we use standard mail as was the case in this instance. So I understand because of that we will get no seller protection.

There are about 12 other sellers on her FB list as well, so I wondered how many others might have received these same notices.

We have sent a message to the buyer about this asking for her to confirm what is going on. So far no response but I don't hold out much hope there.

This one sounds a bit fishy to me. This is the first one of these we have had.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Chargeback: Suspicious Buyer

scammer, 100%
There is no need to give benefit of doubt.

So someone hacks her ebay account, changes address, buy the items, then hacks her paypal account, changes the address, receives the items, leaves feedbacks, all without her knowing, no email notification whatsoever? she then found out about all these and file charge backs? Come on!

Get the other sellers together, hire a debt collector in her area and knock on the door. For $8, don't waste your time chasing wild gooses. Banks and paypal are on the buyer's side.
Message 31 of 31
Latest reply