Charged $7.59 for eBay 500g postage label

When I purchased the label it said $7.40 as the cost. However when I look in my account activity it shows that I've been charged $7.59.

Is this happening to everyone? Or is it my lucky day?!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Charged $7.59 for eBay 500g postage label

Hello all,

I thought I'd report back with my experience. As we know the glitch has been repaired so we shouldn't be overcharged on the ebay postage labels again, (for the moment).

I had two overcharges on two IDs. First email reply said postage ha gone up and that was why - like everyone else I wrote back and pointed out that wasn't the reason. Got a reply back on one ID that said they would refund the entire fvf so ended up about $1.58 in the green!

On the other ID I had to respond several times and still haven't got the refund, (it's only 19c so I don't think I'll bother), unless it is corrected at next billing cycle so I am waiting until then.

C&S suggested I do this: "I checked your account and I saw that you were only charged $7.40 for printing a postage label here on eBay based on the tracking information that you provided you can check your postage labels by going to your 'Postage Labels' section in your account It is found under the 'Sell' column. I assure you that you have not been mistakenly charged. "

I wrote back to explain that under that section it only shows what the postage costs NOT what I was charged and pointed them to the Invoice section. I also sent a screenshot with the figures underlined in red lol!

Then two more emails to say that it would be adjusted and hasn't yet but will wait until next invoice etc..

As someone else said: It's like getting blood from a stone.....

Cheers 🙂

Message 41 of 44
Latest reply

I'm probably going to give up on trying to get my refunds (on two separate accounts). The only response I seem to get is:

"I apologise for the inconvenience about the incorrect fee reflected in your account. This is already reported to our technical support and is currently worked on with high priority. As of the moment we're still waiting for their update regarding this issue, if it's safe for us to process a credit. We're happy to process a credit at the same time this is currently worked on so there's a possibility that any moment now the fees will be adjusted. I'm just asking for your patience regarding this matter, rest assured we're doing our best to solve this."

I provided screenshots highlighting everything.... but still no refunds.

But, I've just discovered my car insurance premium has been overcharged (due to the insurer's error) for the past 8 years... so I've got bigger fish to fry!

Message 42 of 44
Latest reply

Don't give up on ebay.

I recently had to get a $50 credit because a voucher code was not issued.   It took me 3 months and 3 emails after the initial phone call but I eventually got my $50 credit.

As you have made the initial request for the refund, just keep following it up each month till it materialises.

Message 43 of 44
Latest reply

I RANG them and got my overcharged postage refunded on the spot.

As I did a callback it only cost me 10 minutes.

Message 44 of 44
Latest reply