Charged $7.59 for eBay 500g postage label

When I purchased the label it said $7.40 as the cost. However when I look in my account activity it shows that I've been charged $7.59.

Is this happening to everyone? Or is it my lucky day?!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Thank you for raising this overcharge issue. 

Just checked my fees and I have been overcharged for shipping too since the price increase

ArticleID: EBA00028019101008390909; Service: eBay Australia Post Flat Rate 3kg Satchel; Postage: $12.05; Signature: $0.00; Insurance: $0.0026265181529604-Oct-16 08:23:39 AEDSTAustralia Post shipping feeAU $12.24

One can only hope there is an adjustment by the time the final invoices are generated

Cat Sad

Please someone else ring eBay and post their response, I just can't bear to ring them .... its simply too hard to deal with their customer service reps some days.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Oh Gawd not again.

Thanks so much for the heads-up

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rang when I noticed this morning and the ebay rep indicated that the refund might have to be 'manual' at the end of my current billing cycle. In other words I have to call them to sort it out.

I process most of mine through C & S so I didn't chuck a wobbly.

One hopes that an 'automated' correction will be devised.

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

Ahhh.. yep. Just noticed the same thing on a 3kg label I purchased. I'll call up later in the week if the problem hasn't gone away. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

I'm emailing CS about every single one.  Have a cut and paste request letter ready now so it's fast.  I'll update here if they give me any information worth mentioning

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

@helloglory wrote:

When I purchased the label it said $7.40 as the cost. However when I look in my account activity it shows that I've been charged $7.59.

Is this happening to everyone? Or is it my lucky day?!

Could it have anything to do with paypal's 2.6% fee as $7.59 is what $7.40 + 2.6% equals?

Edit: don't think so - my $7.40 labels have been charged at $7.79.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

Can someone tell us what has Ebay said about this?

Are they going to refund ?

Is it going to be fixed soon?

Do we need to contact them for credit?

If someone has a reply from Ebay, could you please post it here.

Thankyou.

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

eBay and PayPal are separate entities so the fees charged by eBay have no bearing on PayPal fees. It's more likely that with the new price rises for Aust Post, eBay have charged the new prices but the displayed prices haven't been updated yet.

just more flippin problems we have to deal with!

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I sent an email with the item numbers I expected to get 0.19c credit for each.

I just got a reply from ebay, good ol' Bev!

Thanks for contacting eBay about the discrepancy in the postage label you printed.

As I have checked, the postage cost charged was correct. Effective from 3 October 2016, Australia Post made price adjustments to selected Australia Post parcel products and services, Express Post products, International letters products and services and selected Mail services.

For the full list of Australia Post price updates, go to:
http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html

I trust this information is helpful. Thanks for choosing eBay!

Kind regards,

eBay Customer Support

So I send a screenshot of the email ebay sends out when you create a postage label... clearly says I should have been chargesd $7.40.. I wait with baited breath.

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply