Charged for free listings?

I just went to relist unsold items in bult, and as I confirmed was hit with fees... I went to the fee page, and yep, all there with fees, should be free as I have 1500 free listings for the month.. I hope this takes care of itself, because I haven't got time to chase it up on the phone etc.!

frustrating.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Charged for free listings?

sorry, typo, 'in bulk' not in 'bult' !
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I had the same experience on another ID but just noticed the Fees in time to Cancel the relists.  Likewise I didn't have time to get on the phone and sort out the problem, so figured I'd wait a day or two and then try again.  I did read a post a few weeks back where others were having the same problem and by memory when they contacted eBay, they confirmed there was a problem and agreed to refund the fees.  If I were you, sorry to say, I would NOT rely on eBay to just fix it, and I don't think it will take care of itself,  I think you are going to have to waste your time on the phone.  Having said that, if you request a 'Call Me' I have always found they ring almost instantly and the calibre of the reps is usually better too Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night. So I contacted ebay (via Chat) and it was eventually sorted out. But it took 11 minutes! Such a waste of time.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Is each item listed in one category only? If not, they are charging you for a second directory. Your billing should tell you it is for second directory listing fee in this case.

I was surprised to know a few years back that eBay charged me second directory listing feea even though they offered free listing and a I had a lot of unused ones  left on their account.

I think it is totally wrong from their side. It may be be better just to rename the item title a bit, change its description slightly and list it as a new item to avoid these fees. However that's eBay and it is what it is.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, I had to relist everything individually on 3 accounts otherwise I would be charged a fee for each.

400+ listings took a very long time to do, 6 hours.

It wouldn't bulk relist on IE, Safari, Mozilla or Chrome without charging fees.

I had 100 + 40 left on each so it shouldn't have charged to bulk relist.

Mine were only listed in 1 catagory also with only 1 item in each listing.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I believe I've just had this turn up on an invoice. I never list more than 40 listings a month, still have had a bunch of insertion fee's turn up in my invoice, given the free 40 listings a month something doesn't add up. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Same thing happened to me yesterday too. I have some of the 40 left plus the daily 100 free. When I list individually, no problems, but I tried to list in bulk, it was charging $1.65 per re-list! Luckily I saw it in time. Wonder if it's a sign of things to come?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Its a glitch on the bulk lister, shows fees but when you submit it processes them as zero. try a couple just to convince your self.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

maybe.
I definitely got charged (and have since been refunded the charge)
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply