Check your subscription levels from time to time

About 4 years ago I opened a store and took a Basic level subscription as it gave me around 250 listings.

When I got close to that limit I expanded up to the next level of Featured store as it was supposed to give around 600+ listings (if I remember correctly).

I'm not sure when the subscription levels changed, but I saw today that the Basic store is now 600 listings and the Featured store is 1500 listings and probably has been for some time.

I've most likely wasted several hundred $$ over the last couple of years by having a much larger store than I actually need as my listings have levelled out around 450-500 items.

Anyway, it pays to check if you're overspending on a store subscription, cos Ebay sure aren't going to send you a reminder to decrease your bill.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Really Jelly:   you need to check your ebay messages from time to time!

***Updated: Take Advantage of Increased Monthly Free Listing Entitlement***
27 June 2017 | 02:15PM EST27 June 2017 | 02:15PM EST

In February 2017, we refreshed store subscription packages with updated pricing, additional benefits and new entitlements. For example:

· Basic stores now receive 600 free fixed price listings per month ($200 worth of additional value)

· Featured stores now receive 1,500 free fixed price listings per month ($200 worth of additional value)

· Anchor stores continue to receive unlimited free fixed price listings, and now also receive a $100 monthly credit for Promoted Listings , plus dedicated merchant support

We encourage Basic and Featured store subscribers to take advantage of the increased free fixed price listing entitlements, and Anchor Store subscribers to use our Promoted Listings credit to help boost listing visibility.

Find out more about our Store Subscription Packages.

Regards,

The eBay Team

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

A really interesting thing happened when these store changes where made. I DOWNGRADED my feratured store to a basic store, expecting that sales might decline due to the downgrade. The exact opposite occured. Sales the following month nearly doubled and have continued at a much higher level ever since. Same listings, same numbers of listings. Go figure that one !!!

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Featured store has a lower % fee rate for sales which at some level will pay for the extra cost..

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Curraone for digging that out - can't believe it was 2 years ago!

Whilst I usually check my ebay messages, I do suffer from chronic insomnia, so it's also entirely possible that I simply didn't pick up on that one.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

But how is it that you didn't pick up that you still had around 1,000 listings still left each month?

Beggars belief.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I thought that too, but couldn't find a polite way to say it  Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Stawks, I didn't have the "Promotional Box" activated/customised in my seller hub.

I think it's the only place on the seller hub where you see how many remaining listings you have.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Jellybirddesigns, I'm sending a helper your way.  Apart from being able to perform at least a few simple sums, he is also well-versed in activating settings. (I hope he has mastered his multiplication tables, but I can't guarantee it!)

Mathematical equations and sums

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply