Chinese sellers should be banned from selling on eBay.com.au

It's disgusting how eBay Australia allows international Chinese sellers to list and sell on our site

My opposition are primarily Chinese who sell items for $1.00 (including shipping) But for me, the cheapest shipping within Australia is $7.20 + the  cost of the product. How can we compete with that? Yes, to send an item the size of two box of matches (for example) is $7.20

At the very least, our listings should get priority and appear ahead of theirs in search results

If your interested in drafting a protest, please post your interest here.

Regards

Dave

PS This is not a racial issue. My wife is Khmer (Cambodian).

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Chinese sellers should be banned from selling on eBay.com.au

Very true. I often get cardboard boxes from people and I've been to a number of warehouses in industrial suburbs run by young Chinese people with tons of stock and are busy packing orders.
Message 71 of 84
Latest reply

The vast majority of Chinese sellers claiming local stock use consolidation via a 4PL to speed up 'local' delivery and some have a fulfillment warehouse in a capital city. If the OP wanted a blanket ban on Chinese sellers eBay would probably fold.

It would be interesting to know what the percentage of local to overseas sellers are on here... any guesses anyone ?
Message 72 of 84
Latest reply

I forgot to say that one local Chinese-run warehouse had chickens wandering around the maze of boxes of stock and there was dried up chicken **bleep** all over the ground.  There was a bit of a smell and the chooks followed me around as I flattened boxes.

Message 73 of 84
Latest reply

At least they weren't dogs.

Message 74 of 84
Latest reply

Chickens eat cockroaches.

Should get one for the kitchen.

Chicken, not roach.

Message 75 of 84
Latest reply

what do you mean 4PL?

Also late I've noticed a lot of different sellers, selling from Australia via fulfillment centre and selling some same products as me but way less? I'd be curious to know what special deal they have with Australia Post. I bought a few off different to probe if they were actually coming from china an they weren't. Arrived in a few days. interesting thing was they all had the same return address but different sellers and different name on the return but all same Post office box.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Sorry to bump an old thread
Message 76 of 84
Latest reply

4PL is 'Forth Party Logisitics'. These businesses act as an interim carrier and consolidate lots of parcels into one shipment from the source to the destination country usually by air freight. Once they arrive the heap is dumped into the country's mail service for final delivery.

The service makes it cheaper and fast for Chinese sellers to get their products delivered. The 4PL businesses negotiate a huge discount with Australia Post and use one warehouse with a PO box as the sending address. Usually Chullora or Botany in Sydney which are right next door to Australia Post mail centres.

Example #2. Some big Chinese sellers do have local stocks in fulfillment warehouses and privately run. They simply ship the item locally on behalf of the sellers in China and again use a single shipping address or PO Box for all of them.
Message 77 of 84
Latest reply

Thought as much.

Theres one now in VIC Dandenong South

Would anyone know what the discount would be they get, I am literally curious.
Message 78 of 84
Latest reply

Dandenong again having an Australia Post mail centre has a bunch of fulfillment warehouses nearby and Brisbane too. Oddly Australia Post even run a 4PL division in China with a Sai Cheng logistics both directions.

I have seen eParcel contracts with 45% discount on volume, so a 500g $8.95 satchel runs to less than $5.00. I suspect even higher discounts for some customers.

Our MyPost discount is 35% @ 20 parcels a week and 40% @ 40 parcels a week.
Message 79 of 84
Latest reply

Yeah what eParcel band are you on? I'm on 5. But I suspect their discount is fair bit more than mine.

Yeah I know about Sai Cheng
Message 80 of 84
Latest reply