Click & Send Satchels - Are they worth it?

I have been using Click & Send for months now, my only concern was ebay wriien on the side so staff at Australia Post who handle the satchel will know there is goods inside that people have paid for.

Today, I had my 8th missing satchel. I am not a big seller so this is a lot. I went into my local Post Office today was was told even though Click & Send has tracking, they cannot do anything.

So I rang Australia Post, explained to them a satchel was posted on July 26 and only had to go about 500km in the same state (country town to the city). They told me postage can take up to 15 working days within Australia even though the declaration was signed. They also told me I cannot claim a refund on lost items sent in the Click & Send satchels, yet I have had refunds before!

Makes me wonder even though Click & Send satchels are cheaper than the PrePaid Parcel Post Satchels, is it worth it logging into a site which runs very slow and takes several pages before you print the postage slip when it is much easier to get a PrePaid Parcel Post Satchel and write the address out even though it costs a bit more to post it

Is anyone else having issues with these satchels?

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Click & Send Satchels - Are they worth it?

2012anders43
Community Member

Hi there-personally I ouldn't send asingle DVD without them-I haven't had a misfire yet-and this is just a new account-I have been a big fan for years. Things i know about post offices-

1-the stand alone 1's r the best-1's attached to general stores-newsagencies-avoid-i have had to report 3 for overcharging-stealing-and various other duplicitious actions. If s/thing dodgy occurs contact oz post they really don't like their name being dirtied by LPO's. I am close with my postie dude-and he tells me the penalties for any subterfuge is biblical-they won't ever risk what they have-for what is just pennies in the grand scene. Granted the recent outtage caused mayhem-i copped 3 neg's b/c customers didn't believe me-the apology-somewhat watered down came too late. Would have been nice to forward the message earlier. Most of my customers have been awesome-and understand. 15 days-7 days is normally tops-i am in vic-so the NT and WA-within vic often the next day-NSW/SA 2-3-but 15change post offices. I drive past 4 post offices to get to my 'man'-look around and find yr own version. If s/thing goes wrong call oz post straight away-get an investigation going-make sure email notifications r part of yr package-they have come thru for me on many occasions. It's a crapshoot 2 begin with but when u find that 1 P.O-yr life will change for the better-u will be fine-shop around-take care dude

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

I use Fastway satchels which are cheaper

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

great if you're home for pickup AND the buyer is home for delivery.

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

citychic4you
Community Member

I've been using c&s for the last month no problems at all. best part is I can send parcels straight away the postage costs are not coming out of my pocket so to speak,but direct from my paypal account.

No more "have I got enough $$$$ to post today"

I would recommended to all sellers.

Its definitely worth it

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

After reading this thread I got a bit concerned about what method I should be using so I called Click and Send over the phone...

Turns out there is absolutely no cover when you use the eBay Flat Rate Satchels.

Further more there is no cover on regular satchels or postage anymore UNLESS you specifically pay for it!

The high cost of postage just isn't worth it for selling some items any more!

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

I don't use the 500 g satchels anymore as parcel post is cheaper and has tracking. I haven't had to claim on them as I haven't lost one yet.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

BETTY this is a VERY OLD thread, and some (many) things have changed with Aust Post since this thread was first written, which is why if you have problems it is always best to start a new thread.

if you use click and send, and your buyer paid with paypal, you are COVERED for non delivery with Paypal's SELLER PROTECTION.  read the terms and conditions on paypal and keep yourself informed

if you want insurance on items in the post, yes of course you have to buy that insurance

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

I use C & S for both Ebay items and our online bookstore.  I find it very convenient, but I've had more parcels go missing since using this service than previously.  I no longer indicate on the postage label what the contents are, or use code that wouldn't make sense to anyone else.  I am convinced that some items have selectively 'gone astray' because of what they were - within the Aust Post system.  ie, they were marked as delivered, but clearly weren't.

My other beef is that the postage seems to take longer than a regular parcel post.  Has anyone else found this?  I've had items take over a week city to city.  I get a lot of emails harrassing me about where there items are.

As far as aust post refunds, on one occasion I got a refund, but not on the other two

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

I doubt anybody really cares. Especially the OP.

THIS THREAD IS OVER TWELVE MONTHS OLD.

IT IS DEAD!

Start a new one if you have concerns.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

Always pay the extre $3 for signature on delivery. Its the only way you get security on delivery. Ive had so many items go missing through Aus Post that I would never trust to send anything without adding signature on delivery.

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply