Click and Send pick up service

Hi All,

I currently paying someone local for $80 per week to come to my house,,, collected all of the packages and lodged them at Post office for me,  most of the packages are sent by large letters and approximately 15-20 parcels per week. 

I just start to use Click and Send from Australia post last week but I only printed out the label and lodged the parcel at the counter, never try to use pick up service yet and would like to know more about it please, 

- I am trying to find the way to save money and thinking of using the postage stamp on all of the large letters packages and then just drop it off in the red street box by myself on the way to pick up my son from school.

- For the parcel, The cheapest cost of pick up service is $5.50,  Pick up the next business day for orders placed before midnight, ( I know I can drop it off in the red street box too but would prefer the proof of lodging for all of the parcel), my question is if I have placed the orders before midnight and booked the pick up for the next day,,,, lets say I booked for 5 parcels to be pick up, but if before the pick up service arrive,  I get lucky to have 3 more parcels to send, Will they only take the 5 parcels that booked before midnight?? or is there any chance of them taking all 8 without extra charge??

I am thinking of ringing Australia post tomorrow but just in case any of you have the answer for this, Any advise would be very much appreciated, thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Click and Send pick up service

Well I don't know - as per usual it is not very clear from their brochure  - best ring 1300 662 710 and find out - and tell us!

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Certainly for your large letter items you can use postage stamps and drop them into the local red street box.

Since there is no tracking protection on these there is no real need to lodge over the counter.

As for your C&S parcels we always lodge over the counter to get the lodgement scan inside our handling time.

This way you are protected against total loss or late delivery defects.

I understand some people are time poor and cannot get to a PO each and every day so you have to find another way.

We have never used the parcel pickup service so cannot comment on that side of it.

I would caution against dropping tracked parcels into a red box because you are unlikely to get a scan until the item is delivered.

Most of the time it will work OK but if there is a package loss or late delivery then you will likely have no protection.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

$5.50 for a parcel? I would stay with the guys who come and collect from you.

The cheapest I know is $7.45 for a regular parcel with tracking over a PosShop counter  and $8.95 for eparcel that comes with a signature. 

If you want to send large  letters cheaper open a business account with AusPost. They charge b/a holders slighly less for letters than it costs posting letters with stamps

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

If you have the business account does this mean you get to use the POST PAID stamp?

If you use that stamp you then need to lodge over the counter so they can scan in your business card.

If you lodge letters with this stamp in a red street box they will be rejected along the way.

Correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption????

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right...
with a AP Business account you need to lodge at one of your 'registered' Post Offices.
From memory you can have 2 PO that can accept your mail. All items will be checked & weighed (both letter & parcel mail all with the POST PAID stamp) they will sign your lodgement form & you're done (until you get the bill from AP) Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

<p>Ok...thanks for your time guys.....&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I got an answer and will share with you here ...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>For the large letters.... i lodged at the counter because i have a business account and use "postage paid" on envelopes, the postage cost go by Imprint rate which is a little cheaper than usual postage stamp. But if i will continue with click and send.... i will just use postage stamps on it and drop it in the red street box....</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">The question about parcel pick up... last night. ... I booked 6 packages before midnight and the driver came at 10:30 this morning, but before he arrive, i manage to finished packing other 3 packages so I asked him that i only booked for 6 packages but now i have 9 on hand, is it possible for him to take them all or he can only takes 6?? He said, Doesn't matter how many you book, i will take all of the packages you have, you can book for pick up 2 packages but while i am here...if u have 50, i will takes all 50. ..... so the answer to my own question is they are willing to take the extra packages without any extra cost, &nbsp;which is great.... i am very happy with that.</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>One thing i found out is, they dont have any proof that have received the packages, he recommended me to print the details of what he takes with him.... he will sign that, that can use as a proof, which is not what i expected, i was thinking the driver should come with a scanner. .. then scan it as "received by Australia post " may be i am expecting too much but i dont like to wait until the last day before delivery for the first scan....</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I am not too sure if i will continue using this... i pay the lady to pick up $80 Per week, she will be in front of my house exactly 4:30pm And lodged at the couter, yes there is no proof of sending large letters but we got the proof for all of the parcel we lodged to protect ourselves in case something went wrong.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Click and send cost only $5.50 a day... a lot cheaper than what i pay the lady.... but no proof.... plus they can turn up anytime between 10-3pm which is not really suitable for me .... who know one day we may have to go out for something then have to worry about missing the pick up service....</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Paying someone to pick up &nbsp;$80 per week is sound like little money if u have a lot of sales.... but when its quiet...thats a big money though. ..not sure what to do...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thats all the information i got to share ((((:</p>
<blockquote><hr /><br /><hr /></blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@amore_gwapa_2 wrote:
<p>Ok...thanks for your time guys.....&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I got an answer and will share with you here ...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>For the large letters.... i lodged at the counter because i have a business account and use "postage paid" on envelopes, the postage cost go by Imprint rate which is a little cheaper than usual postage stamp. But if i will continue with click and send.... i will just use postage stamps on it and drop it in the red street box....</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">The question about parcel pick up... last night. ... I booked 6 packages before midnight and the driver came at 10:30 this morning, but before he arrive, i manage to finished packing other 3 packages so I asked him that i only booked for 6 packages but now i have 9 on hand, is it possible for him to take them all or he can only takes 6?? He said, Doesn't matter how many you book, i will take all of the packages you have, you can book for pick up 2 packages but while i am here...if u have 50, i will takes all 50. ..... so the answer to my own question is they are willing to take the extra packages without any extra cost, &nbsp;which is great.... i am very happy with that.</span></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>One thing i found out is, they dont have any proof that have received the packages, he recommended me to print the details of what he takes with him.... he will sign that, that can use as a proof, which is not what i expected, i was thinking the driver should come with a scanner. .. then scan it as "received by Australia post " may be i am expecting too much but i dont like to wait until the last day before delivery for the first scan....</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I am not too sure if i will continue using this... i pay the lady to pick up $80 Per week, she will be in front of my house exactly 4:30pm And lodged at the couter, yes there is no proof of sending large letters but we got the proof for all of the parcel we lodged to protect ourselves in case something went wrong.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Click and send cost only $5.50 a day... a lot cheaper than what i pay the lady.... but no proof.... plus they can turn up anytime between 10-3pm which is not really suitable for me .... who know one day we may have to go out for something then have to worry about missing the pick up service....</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Paying someone to pick up &nbsp;$80 per week is sound like little money if u have a lot of sales.... but when its quiet...thats a big money though. ..not sure what to do...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Thats all the information i got to share ((((:</p>
<blockquote><hr /><br /><hr /></blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

My brain hurt before now it really hurts....................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@ozstockman wrote:

$5.50 for a parcel? I would stay with the guys who come and collect from you.

The cheapest I know is $7.45 for a regular parcel with tracking over a PosShop counter  and $8.95 for eparcel that comes with a signature. 

If you want to send large  letters cheaper open a business account with AusPost. They charge b/a holders slighly less for letters than it costs posting letters with stamps

$5.50 is a cost of pick up only... the pacel cost is separated....it will be good if you have many packages to send as you only pay one time pickup cost but not worth for a few packages ((:

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

My brain hurt before now it really hurts....................................

I know i know.....(: i used a mobile version and have no idea what have  i done wrong to make it look like Html code....so sorry... can i edit? 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply