Click and send not delivered

I purchased something last week from same state I paid straight away seller posted following day ,2 days later I had an email from Aust Post telling me the item had been delivered ,might have been delivered but not to my dam house .Emailed the seller straight away to let him know what had happened he got on the Aust Post they gave him the number to quote he gave it to me as he said he had authorised them to keep me in the loop .

Well I am totally sick of sitting on the phone at least 20 minutes each time .Still no item to late anyway now if it turns up brought one elswhere .

I have been to the local PO plus mail centre nobody knows where item has gone ,

I was told to check the neighbours to see if it had been left at there house I did this but that is not my job it is nowhere .Then the mail centre told me to check other houses with similar number what a darn joke 300 house in my Rd.

Also told to check my power box to see if it had been left inside it ,

Very hard to explain to Aust Post I was home waiting for the item and it was not delivered to my addy at all .

So I am still waiting not the sellers fault all Aust Post .

So just wondering how this will finish any clues .

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Click and send not delivered

Hi Mucky Pups,

Have you lodged an investigation with us to find out who signed for the parcel and where?

Alice

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Hi Alice

yes i have and i must say the person i have been emailing has been replying very quickly.  I understand things like this happen but my customer seems to think its totally my fault and is demanding a full refund.

Can you let me know what the normal out come is of this kind of situation where the package has been delivered but the wrong person has signed for it and i guess stolen it.

Angie

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

There is no right or wrong person to sign for it. The delivery is to that address AP does not gurantee that is not received by someone who happens to burgularing the house at the time. or even a disgruntled family member whos playing a mean trick

The idea of the signiture is so that a person at that address  has double checked that it has not gone to the wrong house, or left in an unsafe position.

person to person sig delivery is a different service.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

I am waiting to hear what Pay Pal make of all this as my customer is demanding a full refund. I have offered to split the difference as i feel bad for her but she rather rudely declined.

I sent the parcel click and send with tracking and signature but didnt lodge it at the post office, it is however listed on the Australia Post tracking system so hopefully that will be enough. What do you think Pay Pal will do ?

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

I would be refunding in full and claiming back from AP.  Is it worth the neg?

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Paypal will find in your favour as you have sent it by an approved method. They will probably not refund the buyer.

Keep on at AP, though. They may find it.

I trade here for money, not dots. I certainly wouldn't refund when I had done the right thing just to avoid a negative.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks for your replys,

I have thought about refunding to save the neg and have done that before on smaller amounts but at the end of the day i am trading in money not dots as well lol

I offered to split the difference as a gesture of good will but that wasnt good enough so i am gonna stick to my guns in the hope that ebay will get rid of the neg when it comes.

I have told my customer its up to pay pal now and i will do whatever they think is right and also if i get a refund from Aus Post they can have that as well i dont see what else i can do.

Thank god i dont get many of these or i would consider stopping doing ebay.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

I dont think Aust Post knows what it is doing half the time ,they will no longer tell me what is happening I have spoken to the contracter who delivers to me and he has not safe dropped anything to me ,I know him well he does not leave anything safe dropped I always joke that if I am not home or do not hear him at the door I have to run over to PO .But the seller has confused me even more now to the point I have no idea what is going on as I have raised a disput this is one of his replies ..

Hi I have rang Austalia Post and they have assured me that you can ring up to find out the progress of the case. They are waiting to hear back from the delivery centre and will get back to me as soon as they can. They are just advising me that the item was probably safe dropped and might have been stolen, etc. I have told them that I left specific delivery instructions to not do so when there is no one at home. Will just have to wait and see what they say. Also I have updated the tracking number for you but I have entered Australia Post eParcel instead of Parcel Post which was what I used.

And even though he says that I can ring to find out what is going on I cannot get told what is happened all I know is I am out of pocket and this is ridiculous i dont leave negs but this I think I will be also wish we could leave negs for Aust Post at times .

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

col52
Community Member

Before I say anything, I am not accusing anyone here of being a part of the reasoning behind Paypals decisions.

Now, I think Paypal have become fed up with the amount of scam claims going through, because of this they "changed things" which, unfortunately, affects those genuine claims.

The user agreement states:

Schedule 2. PayPal Buyer Protection Policy

1. What is the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy? 

1.1. The PayPal Buyer Protection Policy applies to all payments effected using our Services. 

1.2. If you are an eligible buyer, the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy is our policy to help you recover payments made in respect of certain items purchased where items are:

deemed Item Not Received; ordelivered but are Significantly Not As Described.

1.3. If your purchase meets the requirements for the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy we will attempt to recover your payment from the seller, ie to attempt to reverse the transaction. 

1.4. If you have received any cash back, rebate, credit or other promotional incentive from us or any third party for a purchase eligible for the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, you may only recover the amount of your payments less the value of the cash back, rebate, credit or other promotional incentive you received. 

1.5. Where we are unable to recover the whole or any part of your payment from the seller we may in our absolute and sole discretion, decide to make an ex gratia payment. Please note payment by us under the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy is at our absolute and sole discretion. You have no automatic entitlement to receive any payments. The PayPal Buyer Protection Policy does not indemnify you for loss which may incur and it is not a contract of insurance. 

1.6. If we determine a claim in your favour, we will re-imburse you the full purchase price of the item and original postage costs only. We will not reimburse you for the postage costs you incur to return an item subject to a Significantly Not As Described claim to the seller or another party we reasonably specify. If the seller presents evidence for an Item Not Received claim that they shipped the goods to your address, we may find in favour of the seller even if you did not receive the goods.

https://cms.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&fli=true&loc...

They seem to be taking this stance more and more.

Methods of proof of posting have changed too.

They now accept proof of posting by regular mail, not just via registered, etc.,

I think this is leading up to something like "get posted by registered or you have no comeback".

As has been said, it's not the seller who loses packages (once handed over to AP, with proof of posting. It is AP who is to blame.

At the risk of upsetting, I don't think it's right to neg or neut a seller in circumstances where proof of posting has been shown.

Hula, hula, lets all do da hula
Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Did you read the last sentance that I have underlined how can he change which postal service from standard which he said he used at first then it was click and send now he has added somthing about eparcel  now nothing is making sense but I am under the impression if you post something by standard reg or whatever you cannot change especially if there is a dispute going on . .

I have had so many different stories from the seller it is hard to know what has happened he keeps telling me that Aust Post will update me that he has cleared it but he hasnt considering I have had close to 1,000 buys and close to 4000 sales  this is the first time I have ever had a parcel not arrive to me ..

And no more than 5 not arrive to buyer and I will add everyone that has not arrived have all been to 0 bidders work that one out .

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply