Combined postage problem

Is it just me or has the combined invoice feature been removed or moved?

I've got a 5 item sale with the buyer asking for an invoice and do you think I can find the function to generate one?

Never had a problem before and combined postage IS allowed in site settings.

Is anyone else experiencing issues?

This site just gets more unreliable by the day!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Combined postage problem

@joz15au wrote:

I mainly sell postcards and stamps on my store account so get a lot of multiple purchases.  I have no problem issuing a combined postage invoice on both my computer and phone if the buyer requests it but in a lot of cases they don't.  I think one contributing factor is that the 'request total' button in the cart is often overlooked, due to where it is situated in the top right hand corner.  I made a multiple purchase myself the other day and didn't see it at first but did find it because I knew it should be there somewhere, and that was on my phone.  I think some people don't see it and just go ahead and pay rather than sending a message requesting an invoice (I do ask that they do that in my listings but I guess they don't read it).  I then just refund the excess postage via paypal. Yes, I know I lose the applicable paypal fee but it's not much on low priced items.  Not sure how this will go when Managed Payments kicks in through.  I do like the phone app and whilst there are a few things you can't do I find it invalluable when I'm not at home, or should I say when I used to be not at home!Smiley Happy 

They must have changed it again. Or have they? Some can, some can't. Well my next question when they request total, have they committed to buy at that point? Have they actually made those purchases? If so, that doesn't work for me. I had an experienced buyer who couldn't buy without paying (pick up so cash). That being the case, how could combining work if they're forced to pay for every purchase. 

I just don't get it. It's so confusing

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Yes, they have purchased at that point, I receive the notification 'your item has sold' for however many items they've purchased and then get the request total email, which has a 'send invoice' link in it where I can edit the postage amount and send.   This is the only way I can send an invoice from my phone but if on my computer I can just select the option to send an invoice.  I don't think you can issue an invoice if they haven't actually comitted to purchase.   I know you can set up the postage options within the cart but if selling some larger items as well it's a bit hard to make a hard and fast postage rule.   It seems to be working for some and not others - the whole site seems pretty glitchy at the moment.  Also if they just 'buy now' for each item they purchase but don't pay (ie dont add to cart), then send a message requesting an invoice, that also works but not if you are set up for immediate payment required.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

@joz15au wrote:

Yes, they have purchased at that point, I receive the notification 'your item has sold' for however many items they've purchased and then get the request total email, which has a 'send invoice' link in it where I can edit the postage amount and send.   This is the only way I can send an invoice from my phone but if on my computer I can just select the option to send an invoice.  I don't think you can issue an invoice if they haven't actually comitted to purchase.   I know you can set up the postage options within the cart but if selling some larger items as well it's a bit hard to make a hard and fast postage rule.   It seems to be working for some and not others - the whole site seems pretty glitchy at the moment.  Also if they just 'buy now' for each item they purchase but don't pay (ie dont add to cart), then send a message requesting an invoice, that also works but not if you are set up for immediate payment required.

Hmm thank you for the detail in your posts. I don't have immediate payment enabled. So using the cart could be the issue. Few other possibilities. Should I try the app I wonder? And store vs non store, I wonder if that makes a difference. I don't currently have a store but will soon

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Ebay has info on how to combine postage: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/posting-items/postage-rates/offering-combined-postage?id=4169

Buyers need to use a desktop device to add items to the ebay shopping cart then they can access the " request total from seller" button. They do have to commit to buy to do this.

If a buyer contacts me with any problems I advise them to either follow the above, or let me know the items they want so I can put them into one item as a special order.

Hope some of this helps.

(OOPs, just realised I was on page 2 so hadn't read more recent posts)

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

Ebay has info on how to combine postage: https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/posting-items/postage-rates/offering-combined-postage?id=4169

Buyers need to use a desktop device to add items to the ebay shopping cart then they can access the " request total from seller" button. They do have to commit to buy to do this.

If a buyer contacts me with any problems I advise them to either follow the above, or let me know the items they want so I can put them into one item as a special order.

Hope some of this helps.

(OOPs, just realised I was on page 2 so hadn't read more recent posts)

Thank you, the plot thickens ๐Ÿ˜Ž So my buyers need to be on an actual computer (dinosaur lol) or do you know if they use desktop site in the phone (as I do), is that the same?

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Just call me '20 questions'. I think I'm up to about 15 ๐Ÿ˜

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply