Commission Rates for Domestic Sellers

How do you complain to Ebay regarding their obscene selling percentage fees?  For the casual sellers, Ebay is making it impossible to sell any goods on Ebay.  I have been a member for many years, and back then it was a fantastic way of selling unwanted goods and make a little cash.  Now, with the exhorbitant fees Ebay are  charging, it seems they want to discourage small time/casual sellers - how is 13.4% fair for small time sellers...so disappointed and very unhappy - but I guess Ebay don't care....🙄

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That is correct, eBay do not care

Same minimum fees for everyone, no special treatment for anyone

At least the fees that are shown before completing listings are *right* there/not hidden like some places 

I guess you need to weigh up which site is best for you personally and what you want to sell , how much traffic the site gets, how many scammers/time wasters there are compared to here and how safe it is to sell on

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Try selling handmade items in a shop that charges 35% commission - that is bordering on obscene.

To be fair to Ebay, they allow members to list for free and only take 13.4% when the item sells, given that they have to keep up with the finance laws for countries all over the world as well as keep the site running, I think their fees are reasonable.

Possibly if the only price an unwanted good can attract on ebay is too low for a seller to make profit, that is an indicator that the item should be given away or binned. The reason I sell unwanted books on ebay is that I know local op shops chuck these out automatically - nice to get something back for them on ebay and to feel much better in the belief that if a person buys a book it has a chance to survive a bit longer.

(I've found that putting out a box  on my front wall marked "free stuff" can find a home for unwanted goods. Often find thank you notes in my letter box as a result - shows there are good people out there)

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Not sure what year your living in,  13.4% is quite reasonable, has not been increased for years. 

Most auction houses charge over 20% and on top of that also charge buyers a premium.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Easy solution,  build your own Ebay,  than you will know how much it really costs to run a system such as this.   13.4% is actually quite cheap,  no one is forcing you to use the platform.

As for complaining, maybe the police, and I have heard judge judy will listen to you before having a good laugh.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You can't complain. eBay fees are in your face when you list an item. Something you probably didn't check until you sold something.

Many years, nearly 20, with your feedback, is not a huge user.

Go elsewhere and see what it costs.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply