Could it be Retaliation for FOS Case Raised

A short while back we opened an FOS case against PayPal for 21-day withholding of our funds.

They instantly released the funds after that.

We have two auction IDs selling the same kind of items. We make use of the 40x free listings each month for this.

Since we raised this FOS case the selling ID which was the subject of the hold has not had a single sale and very few watchers.

The other aucton ID is still making the occasional sale as per usual. No changes.

It kinda looks like the account has been restricted deliberately in retaliation for raising the FOS case.

The items never come up the serach results list as they near the end of the auction as they once did.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything similar on their selling account after opening a case?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Could it be Retaliation for FOS Case Raised

@egglesdtp wrote:

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
I must admit when I started another ID recently " a just incase" It did say something about not listing same item across both ID's which is why I never bothered with it.

harley - same item is a lot different to same type of item. It is fairly obvious you couldn't list the same item on two different IDs unless you have more than one of them, but I bet it didn't say you couldn't list the same type of item. If it did, where do you draw the line? Same category is not allowed? For example, if I use one ID to sell shirts, and another to sell skirts, is this a violation of the 'rule' ?

I know I'm just telling you what it said.
it says you can't list the same item across two IDs.  I'm guessing that also means even if you have several to sell.

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

@zelly888 wrote:

Just throwing it out there but does the ID that isn't selling much have less feedback score?

If it does then it's the situation that I'm in meaning the accounts that have the lowest feedback are the ones that are either not selling as much as my higher accounts or they are selling for way less than the others,and I sell the same items.

So to me it just shows a pattern of that good old saying the rich get richer,IMO I have always said that the more sales you have had then the more you will keep selling even though a buyer can get it cheaper elsewhere.

But to answer your question,I don't think there would be any retaliation,they're all in it to make money.

I think it certainly does have an effect. I have two selling IDs and both sell similar items for similar prices (is that against the 'rule' alluded to by englishrosegardens?). My original ID, which has a higher feedback score, sells way more than my 2nd ID, which was created some years later, and has a feedback score about 10% of the original.

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

Under the multiple accounts policy (http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html) it says this:

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

A friend and I looked into this really closely when they started giving us 30 free listings on non-store accounts.  I'm pretty sure it said a bit more about using a new account to avoid having to pay listing fees but I have no way of knowing what it USED to say.  The first part of the policy talks about understanding that people would want to have different accounts to sell different products, so I thought it was fairly logical to assume the rest of it would be interpreted in that light, but I'll bow to superior non-ebay representatives' knowledge.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html

From Duplicate Listing Policy

"You can't have more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time.

You can have more than one auction-style listing for identical items. However, only one duplicate auction-style listing without bids appears on eBay at a time.

These restrictions on duplicate listings include listing an identical item in different categories or listing an identical item using different user IDs."

Cat Happy

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

Dunno how you managed to find that page, as when I click on your link, it says This page may have moved or is no longer available.

However, on the page http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html, the ONLY reference to selling on more than one ID said

You are not allowed to have more than one listing of an identical item listed separately by the same seller under another eBay user ID.

Heck of a lot different to your original assertion.

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

The link regarding multiple accounts is:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

Thank you for chosing eBay ...

Spoiler
Cat Tongue

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

In reality it only applies to listing that have the exact same title across IDs

so if the Title is

Wooden Black Cat

on ID1 you can not use this identical title on ID2 however

Black Cat Wooden

will not be picked up.  There is a lot of hype about how the system would see these 2 as the same even in different categories, the reality is that it doesn't, not even in the same category.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

Dunno how you managed to find that page, as when I click on your link, it says This page may have moved or is no longer available.

However, on the page http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html, the ONLY reference to selling on more than one ID said

You are not allowed to have more than one listing of an identical item listed separately by the same seller under another eBay user ID.

Heck of a lot different to your original assertion.

Well, the page must have moved awfully fast because I was reading it this afternoon - and it took me ages to find it.

My friend saw the thread and just emailed to say they were quite sure it used to say that you weren't supposed to open new accounts to avoid listing fees by listing the same types of item on more than one account, and that it specifically said that you could have more than one account if you sold different types of items on each one.  I can remember we discussed this ad nauseum at the time because we didn't want to get kicked off for doing the wrong thing.  They probably changed it when they started giving us all the extra free listings all the time (not the standard allocation).

If someone is selling the same type of item on more than one ID, why else would they open the other account except to get more free listings, ie. to avoid paying listing fees?  So I stand by my original statement.  If someone is game they could always ring ebay and ask, but I can't see there being many takers for that.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Restrictions can be put on any account Ebay pleases, at any time.

Its came out long ago (via two employees AND the CEO) that there are hidden seller limits that sellers dont know about, and Ebay restrict (throttles) smaller seller accounts without alerting the owner. They can turn them on and off like a tap, and do regularly. The basis of this was so they can forfil their contracts (which guarantee a certain amount of sales per month) to larger companies.  

Soooo... yes its possible. If you were a mulitmillion dollar business, and you had one small insignificant person (no offence! lol) causing trouble in a very legal sense, would you leave them there, with the possibility of that trouble building, or slowly cut them off so they just leave?

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

Can I create a second account?

Yes, you can. If you’ve already registered, there’s no need to do it again. You might find it convenient to have a second account if you buy or sell a large number of items and want to organise them better, or if you’re buying or selling a completely different kind of item and want to keep them separate.

Just make sure that:

• The two accounts are never used in the same listing.

• Both accounts have different user IDs and different email addresses.

Don't really get half of that.

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply